Wind shield..

Discussion in 'Indian Scout Sixty' started by Watchful, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Watchful

Watchful Member

Hi;
    I wonder if anyone has tried riding the Scout 60 with a FULL Size Windshield...? And how it felt ?? My previous motorcycle all had full ones but they were big and heavy motorcycles.
    Now I have a medium size, and the highway wind ( which I am not used to ) kills me ..

2. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Check out the Freedom windscreen site as well as the Memphis Shades site. National Windscreens is it?,....I have heard are one screen to stay away from regarding Scouts,..... @muz I think it was is who could help you out there,......Really big screens do provide a ton of protection from the wind but can also cause steering problems in gusty conditions. I have had large and small screens on my Scout and found that it is not so much about size but aero dynamics which provide the better cover and also good looks,....... I prefer screens which taper down from top to bottom as they seem to allow the wind past you without creating a vacuum space just after the edge of the screen for the breeze to 'drop' into,....... But hey!,.....That's just me with a few clues for ya,.....Ultimately it's your choice,.....have fun on that 60, Bud,.....
    Alpal

3. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Hey watchful,....'m back again,........just thought,.......I put a couple of pics of my bike up on another thread earlier today and thought you might like to see how the Scout looked with a Memphis Shades screen fitted. I also have to the memphis headlight riser fitted as well.......I think @SixShooter has one for sale whats more,.....
    enter the title shown below into search and it should spring rightnup:

Some Goodies Left For Sale

Regards,
    Alpal

4. Watchful

Watchful Member

Thank you Alpapl Where can I see the Photos?
    I head New Zealand beat the corona....

5. Watchful

Watchful Member

Thank you Alpapl Where can I see the Photos?
    I heard New Zealand beat the corona....

6. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Hi Bud,.......
    Burtland has the advantage of being a small island group who went into Lockdown early and closed its borders also. Watching the News tonight I could not help but feel proud of how New Zealanders have embraced the situation we find ourselves in and are accepting of it. In the main all are doing their bit to abide by the rules, staying in their bubbles, avoiding unnecessary travel etc and it has paid off in that the virus cannot find anyone to infect,......New cases today was 5,......We are going to level 3 at Midnight Monday so things may change a little then but I feel if everyone continues to abide by the rules we will continue to have a low number of new cases and deaths.

Personally I think this virus is with us forever, just like Flu but of course it is much more deadly than Flu. The world is not going to return to its old 'normal' self I don't feel,.....The world with Covid 19 is the new norm,......

But enough of that,......In the search box on the top right of your screen type 'some goodies left for sale and hit enter,....then read through the thread.

Another way to find it is to go to 'Alerts' and look for that above title there,.....
    Enjoy Bud,.......
    Alpal

7. 4thunder

4thunder Well-Known Member

Baldhead_J and Watchful like this.
  8. Watchful

Watchful Member

Thank you . Love it . My dealer is trying to get it to Canada..

9. Watchful

Watchful Member

I am ordering the Batwing Fairing... is it the right one ??

10. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

Doesn't the Indian Batwing Fairing come with a windshield?

11. Watchful

Watchful Member

Yes, I meant I will order the whole unit... is it a good one ??

12. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

Only someone with that fairing could answer your question. I don't have one. Sorry.

13. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Hey watchful!?,.....Who are you talking to with regards to a windscreen? You have left me confused here,......Are you ordering a Memphis Shades screen or another brand?
    Alpal

14. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

If you are referring to my pictures above, it is not a batwing screen,....It is the Rio Grande screen with trigger lock mounting kit,.....super quick release system. If you wish you can get a screen which matches the colour of your bike,.....My Scout is Indian Red so I got the Ruby Red Rio Grande screen. There are I think 7 different colours to chose from.

Go to the Memphis Shades home site and chose 'Shop by bike',......put in your bike details and its pretty much follow your nose from there. Once you select the Rio Grande screen you will be able to select the colour you require. If you don't want a two tone colour screen you can choose between the solar screen or the smoke black screen which are just one colour,.......
    Alpal

15. JonScout

JonScout Well-Known Member

I have a Freedom 20" light grey tint that is for sale (no brackets). If interested, let me know.