Whiter - Brighter & Safer Headlights for your Big Indian Only $67.43 - Mike Mas

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle Guides and How-To's' started by IdleUp, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Scouts Honour

Scouts Honour Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum from New Zealand-:)

ZBike likes this.
  2. WmD

WmD New Member

3. WmD

WmD New Member

Amazon price $52.95 for a pair H4 and $44.95 a pair for the H8

This does not fit your:
    2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Ho…

4. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Gold Member

5. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

Superb article. I just not sure which Roadmasters you say have good headlights, but they most be more recent than 2016. I have one of those and the original headlight was the lousiest in memory. Somehow I didn't keep any record of the headlight I bought -- I'm a cost spreadsheet fanatic -- but I made a direct plug-and-use swap with one I picked up from the local wigwam, for a moderate price (saw that semi-adaptive one there and didn't like the look or the price) and probably tripled the effective illumination of the road at night. A BMW guy who lit his up to look like New York City coming up behind commented, in bright daylight, that "now you've got a real headlight." That Sylvania box looks awfully familiar but I think a couple of those went into something I had with four wheels.

Gator Mcklusky likes this.
  6. WmD

WmD New Member

I was hoping to get back to Auckland for the AC but it looks like that won’t be happening damn virus

Rodd and Alpal like this.
  7. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Original 111

Welcome aboard Buddy!,......Looks like you're a long way from home,.....Stay safe, ride safe over there Bud,......now what you riding?,.....I'm picking a big sister, yeah?,....Is it red?,.....
    Alpal,
    Way down in Burtland where fast ( RED )Scouts were invented!:p:p

8. WmD

WmD New Member

I was there in 99-00 for the HD rally in Dunedin, and then went back up to Aukland where I spent the next 10 days on a friends yatch doing charters for the AC. Best time ever !
    G'day mate

Alpal likes this.
  9. Cape Cod Steve

Hi all. I’m am new here. Actually still waiting for my RM to be delivered.
    I’m coming from an 09’ Suzuki Boulevard C109RT. I’ve owned that bike for many years and contributed and learned a lot from their owners forums.

My old bike had a terrible headlight. I also had the light bar with driving lights. I tried a few different bulb manufacturers. And eventually tried the ZXE’s. These were by far the best bulbs I tried. They pulled more current and had to increase my fuse size. while the ZXE’s did improve my lighting at night it still left me wanting. May of the owners had reported good results with LED bulbs that fit right in the OEM headlight assembly and connected with the factory harness. No custom wiring needed.

I ignored those reports for years until I just couldn’t live with my headlight. I had owned the ZXE’s a couple years and definitely got my money’s worth.

I did some of my own research and settled on an LED bulb designed for motorcycles. I also found some others to fit my driving lights.
    Wow what I had been missing. The LEDs are even better than the ZXE’s. The beams are much more focused. Visibility down the road was noticeably better. However peripheral lighting was lost to a point. The driving lights did make up some of that lost light.
    My bike as equipped this a flash to pass trigger that would flash the high beams Jen passing. This circuit was wired in such a way that it would only add the high beam to the low and driving lights. This was absolutely phenomenal. It lit the road like daylight. Normal operation of my switching to high beam turned driving lights off and low beam off. Leaving just the high beam on. This was and even brighter beam and even more focused further down the road. Again noticeable improvement but hated the loss of peripheral light. Left a huge shadow about 10-15 in front of the bike.
    I started to post questions on my forum If anyone had a wiring solution to have the high beams work like the flash to pass circuit.
    No one had an easy solution and studying the prints in my repair manual only showed I would have to cut and solder some wires with a relay. not something I wanted.

So long winded but wanted to share my experience with the years of experimentation with improving the C109’s lousy headlights.

I had a few members tell me about a LED bulb on the market for motorcycles that had the internal wiring of the bulb it self keep the low beam light on with the addition of the high beams when high beams were switch on.

I didn’t have an opportunity to try this one out but members did rave about it. Headlight designs from one manufacture to another is all different. I can only speak of the results I had with my old bike. But wanted to back the OP up here that the ZXE’s are considerably better and pure white compared to regular bulbs. But also share that there are another choices with LED technology that’s plug and play.

Baldhead_J, IROQUOIS and Ling like this.
  10. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Gold Member

LED's have come a long way. We're putting them in our tractors at work. What a difference!