Wendex to clean DH?

Discussion in 'Indian Chief Dark Horse' started by Tripleb, Sep 26, 2017.

1. dennisontwowheels

Your right on the Matte Werks cleaner, it works great on the matte surfaces. Windex is going to be harsh on a lot of surfaces over time due to the ammonia. Also Aerosol cans will contain Petroleum Distillates that can ruin the hard coated finish the KW Flare windshield. Soap and water removes oil and grease like bug guts great but you need to recondition the surface after so that it will last!

2. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

2018_0402 Welcome .jpg

dennisontwowheels likes this.
  3. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Still a believer in Topcoat F11 Just got a Black Friday Sale on it for almost 1/2 Price Off .. Best part it works on all my Vehicles , so no need to buy anything else .. Windshield, Windows, Sunglasses, does it all ..

Baldhead_J likes this.
  4. RBarnes

RBarnes New Member

Good discussion on the matte finish issue.

I have a '19 Dark Horse and a '18 Dodge Challenger TA, both of which have matte finishes. I have a couple products I use on the finish, and BTW, these aren't as inexpensive as the usual automotive products like Mothers or Meguiars, but the results are great.

For washing, I use Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte auto wash (blue / black bottle), specifically made for satin / matte finishes (paint or wrap). Then I dry with a small shop blower, kinda like a baby leaf blower really, to dry off the bike. I then use Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Spray Sealant, (orange / black bottle) also made for satin / matte finishes, to protect the finish. It takes a little practice, but it applies evenly with no streaks and can be used on the shiny bits also. Last, but not least, I use Plexus plastic cleaner on the windshield.

It comes down to what works best for you. So good luck in finding that "combination" of products that makes your ride look it's best!!

5. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

Been using McGuire's Gold Class Car Wash. Works pretty well.

6. thumper

thumper Gold Member
    Original 111

I have replaced both my dash and horn covers with the DH Matte pieces. I use Bug Slide on everything including those and it works great. About the only thing I don,t use it for is lubing cables but it might even work for that. I love that stuff!

sidecarsam likes this.