VIZA-TEC DEBACLE

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by PileOParts, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

I bought the vizi-Tec brake light modulator Six Shooter offered here. Nothing that follows is a complaint against him or reflects badly on him in any way.

But it is a thorough condemnation of the developer/owner of vizi-Tec and his company.

After I received the unit Six Shooter helped me find the owner's manual on line. I installed it according to the manual instructions, which was, essentially, "plug it in line with the rear light wiring and do such-and-such with the brake pedal." Didn't work. Tried repeatedly. Same results. e-mail is copied/pasted below. Also e-mailed Six Shooter that I was having difficulties. He offered to reverse our transaction. I suggested we give vizi-Tec time to respond. Six provided me the vizi-Tec e-mail address. Sent an e-mail to vizi-Tec on May 15 asking if I had warranty protection under the circumstances of my obtaining the device. Through a succession of e-mails, many of them that Six initiated, he continued to try to help me get it to work. He suggested a different procedure in case the unit had gotten programmed into a certain pattern. Didn't work. I received nothing from vizi-Tec whatsoever, until today. This morning I e-mailed vizi-Tec once again, asking if they were legitimate company or a bunch of shysters. See below. The response you see from "Bernard" (there are two Bernards now e-mailing each other so don't be confused) is most unfortunate and appears completely unedited, exactly as I received it.

Pause for reflection: A receiver of one of their devices e-mails (the second one) asking what kind of company they are, not making an accusation. Instead of a proper businesslike response such as "We regret we have no record of your earlier correspondence. Can you produce it? We would like to address your concerns and reach a satisfactory solution, I get a grade-school playground "Eff you" response.

I copied his incoming address, pasted it on a forward copy of the May 15 e-mail, and sent it with the observation you see, for which I make no apology whatsoever.

"Bernard" is not worthy of anybody's business. Stay away.

MY FIRST E-MAIL, 5/15
    Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:25 AM
    To: email@vizi-tec.com
    Subject: Apparently defective unit
    I just gave up trying to install a SupraBrake-3 on my 2016 Indian Roadmaster. Even with the trunk box lights reconnected, and carefully following the directions on 6 of the manual (step on brake before turning motorcycle on, keep brake pedal depressed for 30 seconds after turning on ) both engine off and engine on (headlight doesn’t come on until engine is running so was unsure about rear lights), the tail light/brake light doesn’t blink. Multiple attempts failed. The unit is marked only FW 3.52 on the end opposite the wires. This was supposedly an unused, uninstalled unit I bought from another Indian rider who said he’d never installed it and was selling it because he’d sold his motorcycle. The unit came to me without your packaging but appeared pristine. I do not know the man and face the prospect I’ve been scammed.
    Do I have any warranty recourse from visi-tec?
    Bernard Sullivan
    4876 Peacock Drive, Pensacola, FL 32504
    (850) 476-2498

MY SECOND E-MAIL, MORNING OF 5/24/19
    ------ Original Message ------
    To: "Bernard Lautee" <bernard@vizi-tec.com> [typed address was "email@vizi-tec.com" Don't know how it registered as shown]
    Sent: 5/24/2019 1:28:54 PM
    Subject: Are you legitimate people?
    Over ten days ago I sent you an e-mail addressing a problem with one of your SupaBrake-3 tail light modulators. I have not heard boo squat back.
    Are you an honorable company or a collection of shysters?
    Bernard J. Sullivan
    4876 Peacock Drive, Pensacola, FL 32504
    850/476-2498
    about_the_house@cox.net

FIRST E-MAIL I GOT FROM ANYBODY AT VIZI-TEC, FOUND IN MY IN-BOX THIS AFTERNOON, 5/24.19

Over days ago is your say. Never received any such email. WHere is your proof?
    So yeah "we" you and I must be a collection of shysters ;)
    -Bernard

AND MY RESPONSE TO THAT:
    Mr. vizi-Tec,
    Yours is a distinctly unhappy attitude for a business owner. Here s your proof. Loot at the date/time stamp of the e-mail from my Sent file, forwarded to you again, now.
    Not only are you an apparent shyster, it also appears you have your testicles between your ears.
    This exchange is going to get ink on an official Indian website.
    Bernard J. Sullivan

And there, my fellow Braves and Bravettes, is the whole story.

IT QUIICKLY BECAME APPARENT, ALMOST IMMEDIATELY AFTER I SENT THE FIRST E-MAIL, THAT SIX SHOOTER IS AN HONORABLE MAN. I'd have edited the comment about him out of this posting if I'd remembered I'd made it; I'm embarrassed it's there; and I offer my apologies to Six (whom, in my weak defense, I can say I didn't know from Adam's house cat at that time.)

#1 PileOParts, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
  2. SixShooter

SixShooter Well-Known Member

I'll test on my bike when I get it back, and update post an update here. You might have a bit of an anger problem Bernard. The 1st response you sent me was asking me if I knew it was defective, and yelling at me for calling you Bernie. Why in the world would I sell you something I knew was defective when it is clearly covered under warranty, and could've been easily replaced? I've sold many items on this and the other Indian forum and had nothing but positive feedback.

3. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

Please go back to the thread and read the last paragraph, which I just added. It has a public apology in it.

I'll never be nominated for Mr. National Congeniality. I live almost like a hermit. There are reasons for that and sometimes they show inappropriately. I'll leave your comments about an anger problem with that. We've established a positive relationship, the proof of which, from my side, is that I'm going to send the device back to you, only asking that you do whatever you think is right.

4. SixShooter

I'll refund your money Bernard, as I said I would. I'll leave it at that...

5. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

I don't have an issue with you, Scott. You tried your best to help, just as I tried my best to get it to work or not involve you in a warranty issue with vizi-Tec. I doubt our personalities are compatible; mine isn't compatible with most people. But no issue. Do what you believe is right.

6. SixShooter

I'll take care of you...just send it back. You have my address.

7. SixShooter

I got the Visi-tech back in the mail today and promptly reinstalled on my Scout. As I thought, it worked perfectly. Here is a link to a Youtube video I created today showing the proper function of this device:

Bernard, I have your address, and will mail a check out to you today, less my shipping costs. Given this sequence of events, I assume incompatibility with bikes other than the Scout.

#7 SixShooter, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  8. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

Per the manufacturer's inference, model incompatibility. I'm not concerned about shipping costs.

9. SixShooter

Refund check sent 6/12.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.