Ultimate Seats with factory backrest

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by Cape Cod Steve, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Cape Cod Steve

Does anyone know if the factory drivers backrest works with the Ultimate Seats on a Roadmaster?

I got the factory backrest when I bought the bike. The factory seat doesn’t cut it. Buying a new seat. I’ve had the Ultimate Seat on my last bike. Both my wife and I miss it after just 2000 miles on the new bike.

hoping I can reuse the backrest I already bought with the Ultimate seat. Save me $250.

2. Ny Mike

Ny Mike Bronze Member

LOL totally agree Roadmaster seat is like a Corbin a picnic bench is better !

3. IronButt70

IronButt70 Bronze Member

Sorry to say your factory backrest will probably not work on the Ultimate seat AFAIK. Different mounting system unless something has changed in the last few years.

4. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

I was able to make a new pedestal post and then use my original backrest or a Mustang backrest. Can be done with a little welding.

5. tthunder38

tthunder38 Well-Known Member

It can be done. If I remember correctly you have to turn the post around and cut another slot in it. If you can reach out to @Traveler on this site he can tell you how to do it. He doesn't come around much any more as he has since went the Goldwing route. If you can't find his contact info let me know and I'll give him a call.

Baldhead_J likes this.