Ultimate Seat Customer Service

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by Dan_Frisbie, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Dan_Frisbie

Dan_Frisbie Well-Known Member
    Supporter Original 111

I have a problem with my Ultimate Tall Boy seat. It’s been fine for about 3 years, but a few days ago, something broke in the backrest mount. I was leaning back to straighten my pants leg and felt it go. Now my backrest is waaayyyy too far back...

I called Ultimate in Ormond Beach. FL to get an idea of repair feasibility, cost and time required. The young lady that I spoke to was very knowledgeable about the seat and what broke on it. She checked to ensure that they had parts on hand and has set them aside for my seat.

She is also mailing me a shipping label so that I can send my seat to them at their cost. She stated that it should be fixed and back out the door in one day with one day shipping each way.

Oh yeah, the repair is covered under their lifetime warranty.

I will never buy a seat from any other company again. Ultimate has my business for life!

Ultimate Motorcycle Seats

doublej, Warlock, tthunder38 and 3 others like this.
  2. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Now THAT is how to win friends and influence people,......and they obviously have total faith in their product

Warlock likes this.
  3. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

The Ultimate is the most comfortable seat I have ever had on any of my bikes

Warlock likes this.
  4. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

Starting to understand why they cost what they do

Warlock likes this.
  5. Largeandy

Largeandy Well-Known Member

Ultimate is a very nice comfy long distance seat. one of the very best seats comfort wise and they look nice too. Their hand held remote for the heated seat version is just plain idiotic and hard to use however. Why their heat switch is not simply located on the left rear of the seat like other manufacturers is baffling to me IMHO. To have to use a hand held remote control with gloves on while riding is plain unsafe.

Warlock and Baldhead_J like this.
  6. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Definitely a Worthwhile Post think have told you before compared to you I'm a Shorty and would love an Ultimate Seat when I can afford it but is critical that is does not set me any further back or any higher up to have a comfortable Flatfoot for a bike that weight .. And I will not lower a Motorcycle and Sacrifice Lean Angle .. But good to know about a Lifetime Warranty and for myself not even sure I want a Backrest ..

Warlock likes this.
  7. Warlock

Warlock This space for rent.
    Supporter

I've thought about looking into them but this is the reason I haven't so far. It's not the first time I've heard this. However, @Dan_Frisbie's post sure makes me rethink that.

8. tthunder38

tthunder38 Well-Known Member

Jay, I wear a 29" inseam and lowered my Chieftain 1". With the Ultimate seat I can sit normally and have both feet flat on the ground wearing tennis shoes. I know you said you wouldn't want to lower your bike but i have a hard time scraping the floorboards under aggressive riding conditions. The main thing I've noticed is if you let the air shock get low on pressure, you can scrape the floorboards easier. Bottom line, I wouldn't worry much about lowering a Chieftain but i do keep a close eye on the rear shock setup. I used the Dirty Bird 1" lowering kit and have no issues after 20k miles.

#8 tthunder38, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Warlock likes this.
  9. Dan_Frisbie

Dan_Frisbie Well-Known Member
    Supporter Original 111

I didn’t get the heat. Never been that cold on a bike and I’ve ridden in below freezing weather...

Alpal likes this.
  10. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Nice to know .. Technically at my weight (160 Lbs) the Manual says I can run 0 PSI Shock Pressure but I run 35 Lbs and and still Flatfoot it fine without any Lowering and Stock Seat, But still scrape now and then in the Twisties in the Smokies and the Ozarks .. Have not tested the Rockies yet on the Indian ..

Attached Files:

11. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

I'm with you Dan,......Heated seats?,....Heated grips?,....not to mention gloves, (my mate Andy has a pair!),....heated jackets and pants!,....Oh! come on Guys and Girls! Toughen up:p,....I have never used any heating system other than Merino wool long johns and long sleeve tops combined with a neck warmer and silk inner glove liners,....That's all the heating I have needed,.......and like you Dan,.....I know what riding in below zero temps is like,....

12. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

I do have heated Gloves but doubt would ever use the Seat Option living in FL as the way I layer anyway if it's cold probably would hardly notice it .. Unless it's a special event I don't ride when it's below 40 degrees F anyway unless it's going to warm up quickly then might start out early in mid 30's in North FL seldom gets that cold anyway ., Have heated seats in the GMC One cold morning wife and I tried them once just to see if they worked .. :)

Alpal likes this.
  13. thumper

thumper Gold Member
    Original 111

I was a wireless guy up until I bought my Springfield. Getting older, my blood is thinner and it’s becoming harder to keep my hands from going numb in the frigid temps. When I bought the Springfield I had a set of heated grips installed. Holly Shit! They make all the difference in the world! If I’m going to be stopping somewhere for a brief period, I will kick the grips up to their highest setting a couple miles before I arrive. When I get off the bike I slip my gloves over the grips and when I’m ready to roll, the residual heat in the grips has made the inside of the gloves nice and toasty. I have always enjoyed cold weather riding and now with the heated grips, I enjoy it even more.

sidecarsam, Scouts Honour and Alpal like this.
  14. Warlock

Warlock This space for rent.
    Supporter

I've only used it once when I brought it home in March 5th last year. BUT!! (BUTT?!?) The Long Suffering Mrs. Warlock uses it almost every time we ride.

15. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Love the pun Buddy!!:p:p:p