Trailer hitch

Discussion in 'Indian RoadMaster' started by Jackman, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Jackman

Jackman Member

I cannot recall where I bought this hitch from but it only connects with 4 bolts where the mufflers connect. I used Blue LocTite when I put it on. But check this picture out: I tow an Escapade trailer. I loaded the weight over the wheels. There is a place for a cooler to load with what ever; ice, cold drinks, etc. Glad we didn't do that. Only thing I put in the cooler was an extra gallon of gas just in case. By comparison the Harley hitch had 14 nuts and bolts on it. 4 were right at the tongue keeping it incredibly secure. I know the hitch manufacturers have to work with what they have but this is insane. First day of a 14 day trip. Gonna reload everything different and strap the plastic gas container to the top of the trailer with a come along.

Attached Files:

2. HedstromIndian

Hi how much time did you spend on install and what one did you put in ? I am going to install one this winter

3. fixdent

fixdent Active Member

Ya, some only mount to the muffler brackets. (not good enough in my opinion)

I have a Hitch Doc, and it also mounts up high. Bought from Open Roads Outfitters.

--[​IMG]

4. Jackman

Jackman Member

I got mine from Open Road Outfitters. I emailed this photo to them and he got back real fast. Seems I got the first prototype and the holes for the bolts were a little bigger than they should have been. He shipped me a brand new hitch free of charge with the holes smaller for better and tighter fit.
    I am extremely happy with the new hitch.
    That being said....the left side went on fine and in about 10 minutes. The right side was a bit more time consuming. The antenna bracket is over there and fitting the bolts in through the antenna bracket and into the holes that you cannot see, you have to do it by feel, takes a bit longer. I think total time was about 30 to 45 minutes.

Baldhead_J likes this.