Tired of customs then I tried a roadster ...

Discussion in 'Indian FTR 1200 Forum' started by Andy, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Andy

Andy Member

Translation by google from Marre des customs alors j'ai essayé un roadster...

The good days are there, the season is in full swing, in short, the bike is now ...

A desire to change the frame, but not for another custom and even less for a slice of pensioner or old, because I am neither one nor the other! (And then it's old in the head huh?) rather a sporty and racy thing, but not a race bike, I have desires for travel and landscapes but also the desire to put the handle full gas. you will tell me "but take a GS1200 ..." sorry my religion forbids the duck beak

So I go around the concessions, and there I try a roadster of a little known brand, just to see if I can like this type of bike without being influenced by the excessive marketing of the big makers of the sector that promise mountains and wonders ... first the mountains I know what it is ... and the wonders I already have

I decided to go for a ride in Semnoz, mountain culminating at 1700 and a few meters located in the town of Annecy is even the lung of Annecy ... Well known place of cyclists and motorcyclists, the road that leads to the top is a good test for a motorcycle. Long turns, pif-paf, right lefts, pins ... with some lines almost straight on the plateau of Quintal we go around the agility and the possibilities of a motorcycle very easily.

The bike, ultra maneuverable and lightweight despite its more than 200Kg, unrolls and swallows the bitumen with disconcerting ease, it is on that changes 400Kg motorcycles! it's a bicycle a real one! but with an engine of 88KW !!! easy placement, it fits well in curve, the front braking is precise bite, incisive Brembo! it changes my custom that does not brake! for the back on the other hand it is the same ... so I valid the chassis and braking, the suspensions do the job it's very nice on the bumps and other holes, the most amazing is the couple well present from 2000 rpm, amazing because for this type of machine, generally it is necessary to go up to 6000 to start feeling something ... Rather a very good point, you raise in the 3rd as on a cruiser that's good!
    I continue my fast ascent and the ... Katastrophe! The 8 km before the summit are covered with gravel, deposited the same morning by the DDE (and yes we must maintain the roads ... and at least take the positive side, I'll see if the bike grab the pavement ... ) I could also try in rain mode but my brain Kustom did not think (or refused) however I tested the Sport mode ... well not on the gravel.
    In short, the bike has torque but the gravel slips, it hunt quickly, very quickly so despite hot tires that hang on it goes soft ...
    Once up, small pose, I look at the bike, it's pretty much finished, the screen that I say the mini touch pad does not look bad, the functions are good, it's about they know how to do it

I still have a problem with the look, finally I think I prefer a good old low rider it's still cooler and on the long ride there's no picture, the position of the roadster is very good right ! have a little trouble with the weight on the front my wrists not used to this type of solicitation ... so what to say? to buy a roadster in second motorcycle? yes it is, it is a solution. I make some pictures of the bike and the breathtaking scenery, shit a west wind rises, the stormy wind and at 1700 when it blows it blows. I go back on the bike made a bit of off-track to bring on a mound to redo photos with a view. Once the clichés made very clichés I return to my 8km of gravel ... good it's time to try the sport mode, I'm not a driver far from it, but ... the sport mode ... it's a killer! do not ask me how much it consumes we do not care it's too fun! the couple in the bottom is just phenomenal! the chassis does the job the braking is really good
    So how do I say ... ohh shit! it grows anyway! yes 120 hp well distributed it tows! I bring back the bike to the dealership passing through the city was easy baby, small fast lane big speed peak , I smoke cars and bikes I am more mixed on the top but still your license will not resist ...
    i complete the test,
    The wrists is only a problem of morphology but especially for me the fact of not being mounted on a roadster for at least 3 years, it was not torture either, it has me just remembered that I had some. In addition some roadster are more painful than others depending on the seat height, the shape of the handlebars ...

It should be understood that the FTR1200 is very high and even more with its 18 '' and 19 '' wheels if you are less than 1m75 you will not be comfortable at a standstill, at best on tiptoes at worst the bike will be too high and a bike is good when the feet are on the ground eh, more comfort all the same and above all more secure.
    I forgot to talk about the comfort of the saddle is not bad at all, the commodos are ok what a little small and tight you just get used to, the footrest are ok. The heat released by the 1200 engine is present will not ride in shorts I hope it will not be prohibitive ...

dixit Indian France You should know that a FTR will be released next year (in principle) with 17 '' lower rims more accessible to the greatest number.

Conclusion: A good bike that I say, a very good bike which lacks in my opinion of charisma like all these breasts (although it is prettier than most of these congeners and especially better finished), so to ride far long I remain skeptical especially for my wrists, after this is a habit but also a concern for morphology but it's still pure fun and for that we can quickly be tempted!
    Below some pictures of the beast.
    IMG_6696.JPG IMG_6697.JPG IMG_6699.JPG IMG_6700.JPG IMG_6702.JPG IMG_6704.JPG IMG_6705.JPG IMG_6706.JPG IMG_6707.JPG IMG_6709.JPG IMG_6711.JPG IMG_6713.JPG IMG_6714.JPG IMG_6716.JPG IMG_6718.JPG IMG_6720.JPG IMG_6722.JPG IMG_6724.JPG IMG_6726.JPG IMG_6727.JPG IMG_6729.JPG IMG_6730.JPG IMG_6731.JPG IMG_6733.JPG IMG_6734.JPG IMG_6737.JPG IMG_6739.JPG IMG_6740.JPG IMG_6741.JPG IMG_6743.JPG

muz, sidecarsam and Aargow like this.
  2. Andy

Andy Member

Is it normal that the forum about FTR stay on « OLD » position?