Thoughts.....on a 4 day work week

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IROQUOIS, Sep 7, 2021.

1. rickkcir

rickkcir Well-Known Member

I work seven days a week, haven't taken an official day off in over fifteen years . But, I home office it and the as long as my cell phone and laptop are with me on trips ... work from there. Plus and minus's with it all . When I get calls from recruiters , I laugh ... say thanks .. .and cordially .. hang up. Few more years to go before I pull the plug

rusty nuts, 4thunder and IROQUOIS like this.
  2. sundancer87

sundancer87 Member

Whatever the schedule, keep working and paying the taxes. I like to spend my Social Security check on motorcycle shit.

3. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

My sentiments also Buddy,.....even all the way down here,.......and like someone already said,.....Every day is a Saturday for me!,......
    Alpal

muz likes this.
  4. Gina

Gina Bronze Member
    Original 111

I love it. After losing my career I looked at two different companies. The one I chose was because it was 4 days ten hours a day work week. It gives me more time to work on the build. Plus love having a work day free for all the bull I have to deal with that is not open on weekends. Power company and running power to the land. Post office and getting an address, this list could go on and on.

5. IronButt70

IronButt70 Bronze Member

I did 4/10s for a few years until the higher ups decided it wasn’t working like they planned and went back to 5/8s. I semi retired 7 years ago and started working part time at our church. That ends on 9/30. Don’t know what the future holds after that. My wife has been having back/pain issues for nearly a year that surgery has not helped. She’s having a special device (basically a pacemaker for the spine)installed on 10/1. Hopefully that will give her a life again and we can enjoy our retirement and I can finally get my knees fixed

6. 4thunder

4thunder Bronze Member

Good luck with all the health issues

4T

Gina and IronButt70 like this.