This New Motorcycle Might Be the Coolest

Discussion in 'Indian Scout Bobber' started by Baldhead_J, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

From GEAR PATROL:

SATURDAY, MAR 21, 2020

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OUR FAVORITE SCOUT SINCE SCOUT FINCH

This New Motorcycle Might Be the Coolest Sub-$10,000 Ride We’ve Ever Seen
    March 21, 2020 | Steve Mazzucchi

Outside of the temperature-oriented definition, “cool” is a pretty elusive term, isn’t it? Like Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart’s famed 1964 definition of obscenity — “I know it when I see it” — coolness us a quality you just kinda have to witness. It’s also one of the first words that came to mind when we laid eyes on Indian’s latest release: the blacked-out, stripped-down and nicely affordable Scout Bobber Sixty.

We’ve ridden some gorgeous Scouts that deliver surprising performance — and like them, this $8,999 iteration isn’t just getting by on its looks. Essentially a streamlined version of the original Scout Bobber, the Sixty features slightly less displacement (999 ccs versus 1,133) and a lower weight (548 pounds wet, versus 572). Those qualities, combined with 78 ponies on tap, translate to a low center of gravity, frisky handling and a high thrill-to-dollar ratio. A few other elements we love are the chopped fenders, ABS option and ability to accessorize and take on a pillion with a color-matched passenger seat.

If you’re a regular highway cruiser who craves amenities like cruise control and heated handgrips, look elsewhere. But if you’re looking for a cool around-town bike — at an even cooler price — it might be time to saddle up and Scout up.

2. muz

muz Well-Known Member

It looks soooo nice with that Indian 2 into 1 pipe. Shame we aren't getting them here in New Zealand.

3. KHAOS

KHAOS Active Member

That is the first decent looking exhaust I have seen on a stock Scout. About time!

doublej likes this.
  4. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

It's not very good in person. The 2:1 Freedom pipe is very cool, though....maybe as cool as the TBR 2:1. See the custom Scout thread for pics.

5. muz

muz Well-Known Member

Very noisy too

6. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

Thankfully. The LiveWire nearly stole my wallet before I noticed it back there.

#6 Baldhead_J, Mar 22, 2020 at 3:16 PM
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020 at 6:48 AM
  7. Gator Mcklusky

Gator Mcklusky Silver Member

Even though I own that 2 to 1, I'm not very happy with the looks or the sound. But, it's definitely an improvement over the double fire extinguisher pipes.

Baldhead_J likes this.