This does not fit your 2020 Scout Bobber ABS

Discussion in 'Indian Scout' started by ScoutBobber49, Jan 5, 2021.

1. ScoutBobber49

ScoutBobber49 Well-Known Member

Reduced Reach Foot Controls, Pair Item # 2880239-650

Reduced Reach Foot Controls, Pair | Indian Motorcycle

Came across this while browsing the Indian website.

I was surprised to see that it would not fit my 2020 Bobber. I thought all of the Scouts shared the same frame configuration....?

Emailed Indian to ask about this, but all they said was " I checked the part and your vehicle and it doesn't look this will fit your unit."

Does anyone know what the differences would be to prevent a relocation bracket from being used..?

Does not fit.png Does Fit.png Topview.png Bracket.png

2. Notaharley

Notaharley Well-Known Member

The Scout Bobber stock pegs ARE the reduced reach controls.

If you wanna move closer, change seats, or go to aftermarket mid controls. There are several available.

Alpal likes this.
  3. ScoutBobber49

ScoutBobber49 Well-Known Member

Thank for your reply but if that’s the case I’m wondering why my peg mounts are bolted directly to the frame. I do not have those relocation mounts shown in my original post. Is it possible the Bobber foot peg mounts are unique to the Bobber?

Initially I was looking into Mid Controls for it, but I saw this one and thought for the money difference, compared to the Roland $and$ Design, I might try going back just two inches.

I know there are cheaper mid controls out there than RSD, but thought the Indian brand reduced reach might be worth a try....

3B29D1E7-33E6-41CD-A0F9-27F8B1233366.jpeg

4. Notaharley

Notaharley Well-Known Member

You know you can just get a "reduced reach" peg set and then return them, if they are not what you want.

The Bobber already has the reduced reach pegs. The regular Scout has the "normal" ones, and they offer an "extended reach" set.

That's all that's available.

Yes, there is a plate that moves your legs back a bit, but that's not the same as the "reduced reach" mounts.

There is also an aftermarket plate you can buy.
    It won't help you, though. Modification to the shifter linkage and possibly brake linkage will be necessary if you move farther back.

Also....you will lose all cornering clearance.

Look at Kuryakyn's mid mounts. You can find them here and there fairly cheap.

ScoutBobber49 likes this.