Thinking about buying a Scout Bobber

Discussion in 'Indian Scout Bobber' started by Oxinatah, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Oxinatah

Oxinatah New Member

Hey all,

I'm looking into getting a Scout Bobber and I had some questions I was hoping y'all might be able to help me out with!
    Basically I'm looking for a bike I love the look of to cruise around town, but also go on day long trips out of town. I'm planning on riding it on country roads, City, and highway.
    I was wondering if it's comfortable enough (or are there accessories to make it comfortable enough) to ride all day long with minimal stops?
    How is the power? Especially at highway speeds? Is it enough to be able to get up and go if you need to get out of someone's way? How about with a passenger?
    Does it shake/vibrate a lot, or is it a pretty smooth/comfortable ride?

Anything I should know when looking at one?

I found a 2018 in my area, black without ABS and under 1k miles and they're asking $8,500 for it. Is that reasonable?

Thanks for your time everyone!
    Oxinatah

Aargow likes this.
  2. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Hi Buddy,......Welcome to the forum from way down under in Burtland where the fast Indian Scout was built!!:):)!!,.......all those years ago,.....

In answer to your question all I can say is you gotta get out there and ride one to see if it suits you, not just in your head or according to your wallet but to your body too. I know BIG people who ride a Scout, I know little women who ride a Scout, and I know a couple who charge round on Bobbers,.....Through all of this there are people who say the Scout or Bobber is fine as it is, just Stock Standard but there are other who swear by the fact that first up you MUST change the suspension front and rear,...for some the handlebars require changing ( me, but that's through body damage ). You see where I'm heading with this? It all boils down to how you and the bike fit together,....and there's no one on the forum that can give you a 100% guarantee that that Bobber is going to be for you,.......the only way you will know for sure is asking that guy in the neighbourhood if you can try the bike for a test ride, perhaps a longish one,......then you'll know,.......I wish you all the best in your figuring out,......Hell! You may be better off on a Challenger if you're young and brutal!!!!:p:p,.....So,....my suggestion is go ride that Bobber but don't limit yourself to that Bobber just because it's handy being just down the road and for sale,.....skip to the nearest Indian dealer and ask to test ride a couple of other bikes as well,......You might discover its not a Bobber you want after all,.....
    Alpal

Baldhead_J, Rodd and Aargow like this.
  3. Aargow

Aargow Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I think you will be hard-pressed to find better advice than that in post #2.

Alpal likes this.
  4. Oxinatah

Oxinatah New Member

Thanks for the advice!
    Yeah, I'm gonna try and ride a few different bikes I like the look of before I decide anything. Just trying to get as much information from multiple people as I can.

Thanks,
    Oxinatah

Aargow and Alpal like this.
  5. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

I'm a Scout man but Boy!,.....What I am seeing in vids on the Challenger?,......I am just GONNA have to go for a ride on one of them,,,.........

Gator Mcklusky likes this.
  6. Rodd

Rodd Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum @Oxinatah
    Don't have a bobber but have owned a scout nearly 2 years now. Do quite a bit of two up touring and often have the bike well loaded down with gear. I did upgrade the suspension and fitted oversize saddle bags and have never had a problem with power on the open road. I guess any bike can be used for touring depending on what you are looking for. The scout has worked well for us, clocking up over 40,000 kms on it so far.
    Like Alpal said you need ride some bikes.
    Warning though, if you don't want to buy an Indian then don't test ride one.:cool:

muz, Aargow and Alpal like this.
  7. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Ride one and you'll own one,.........now where have I heard that before?,......I'm picking it will truer for this brand than it was for the other,.....
    Alpal