The Revolving Door of Violence

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by Gator Mcklusky, Dec 23, 2017.

1. will

will Bronze Member
    Original 111

You are a good man @thumper and your mom sounds like a great and wise mother.

2. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

I would add to the last one "or that you are." Bless your mother's memory.

IROQUOIS likes this.
  3. will

will Bronze Member
    Original 111

As a person thats never been part of a MC or a desire to be part of a group such as a MC I have zero knowledge of them other than the slanted news and television shows. But, I have never been disrespected by any that I and the wife have came across in our travels across this great land. Both times I’ve been out to Sturgis we camped right beside MC groups (Iron Workers MC and some Hispanic MC that I cant spell or pronounce) at the KOA and drank cold beer with them and stayed up and bs with those folks talking about each other’s bikes and the admirations of said bike companies. I’ve stopped in at what would be perceived as Biker Bars in my travels and its always been the same. Respect was shown and respect was received in kind.
    I notice that love of motorcycles and MC groups are a give and take, meaning, some like this bike brand but not that, and the same goes for clubs. Myself and my wife both have a respect and not fear of MC’s while others fear and loathe the same MC’s and will argue over them, kind of what I notice happening on this page.
    We all here on this forum come from different backgrounds, we are in different age brackets, some are new to motorcycles while others have many, many decades on them, some are true blue Club members, some have been in Clubs while others fear them. It’s amazing no one knows anything about the others till something is mentioned.
    Love of the Indian brand is why we are here and the comradeship that comes with owning such a fine motocycle. Looking at it that way, we are all part of the Indian MC and should probably understand each other’s side in which we fall into and have respect for that.
    I’ll get off my soapbox now and hope I haven’t offended anyone.

Gina, 4thunder and Baldhead_J like this.
  4. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

Love of motorcycling, and motorcycles, is the lubricant to a successful and enjoyable meshing with total strangers, I assume all across the globe, language permitting, and there is absolutely nothing wrong or negative about definable subsets of motorcyclists -- brands, neighborhoods, associations through other interests, cultures, races, etc. clumping together into clubs. We are social beings and forming communities is part of our human nature.

The problem comes only, at a mild level, when forming a tight community brings about contempt and/or hostility to other similar communities or society as a whole, and at a serious level when any one of those communities -- clubs, if you will -- becomes a danger to society in whole or in part.

There are three or four motorcycle communities -- clubs -- available to me; I chose to belong to none of them because of who and how I am; I do not view them in any negative way, and can observe them being beneficial to their members.

Will, you didn't write anything offense. You make sense. I hope I do, too.

tthunder38 and Gator Mcklusky like this.
  5. Ny Mike

Ny Mike Well-Known Member

There are more motorcycle clubs now then ever. Mostly thanks to SOA. Pop up clubs their called. I’ve ridden in an MC for many years. We are not a 1% MC by any means. We’re all about riding Brotherhood and Camaraderie . We have never had issues with other clubs over anything for that matter. We are an older club in our area around long before the SOA thing started. Yes we run colors and have club houses but that doesn’t make us bad guys. Not a big club 4 chapters maybe 80 of us in all. We live in an area heavily dominated by the #1 MC in the world I guess you could say. And never an issue I mean ever. I guess what I’m getting at is there still are some old fashion MC clubs out there that are just about the Brotherhood and camaraderie of the love of Motorcycles and riding. Average age probably 50 to 60 give or take. When the SOA thing started we had a lot of younger guys head our way. But their heads were in the wrong place lol they watch to much TV. For the longest time it was no one under 40 yrs old. But in the last few yrs we’ve had some younger guys with their heads in the right place. All I’m saying is because a rider is Rollin a set of rockers doesn’t mean he’s immediately like what TV and media portrays all clubs to be. In our world your family and job come 1st and foremost. And we’re good with that. I’ll be retiring and and relocating this year. And will be turning in my colors. I will miss a lot of my Brothers but life goes on and this part of my life will no longer be. A lot of great memories and road trips. But hey when it’s time to move on it’s time to move on. Time to begin the final chapter !

Gina, Alpal, Aargow and 2 others like this.
  6. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

ML&R

7. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

I learn a lot from you Baldhead,....and others on this forum,......

Baldhead_J likes this.
  8. will

will Bronze Member
    Original 111

What does ML&R mean? For us novice type. Lol

Alpal likes this.
  9. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Ha,ha,......Gooogle is your friend Buddy,........That's how I found out,.......

Much love and respect Buddy,
    Alpal

Ny Mike and will like this.
  10. will

will Bronze Member
    Original 111

I see what you did there you ole dog. Lol

Ny Mike and Alpal like this.