stock pipes drill out or decatting....xchoppers pipes

Discussion in 'Indian Scout Sixty' started by Doraemon, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Doraemon

Doraemon Active Member

Hi fellow SSixters. I keep seeing the videos pop up of the drilling the plug or drilling out the cats. I don't really want to do that, but I also will end up spending 2x in shipping....like Alpal...
    I have seen the Xchopper pipes on Ebay, and with shipping they are just over 500+. any fellows have experience with them. the videos I see seem to show a mild sound until hard throttle. that's what I am looking for. Japan kind of frowns on too loud, and I like my neighbors.
    Xchoppers Tapered Mufflers for Indian Scout & Scout 60

thanks for advice in advance.

Da Nurse and Alpal like this.
  2. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Xchopper Tapered Mufflers Need No Gutting as No Cat is Present in them.. Unless it has changed in the New Models the Cat is in the OEM Stock and Stage 1 Mufflers .. Only Other Scout Mufflers that have a CAT that I know of is the Aeromachs as had a set and removed the Cat from them .. Your Avatar Info says you are from Japan, not too sure how they are on Noise Restrictions there, but the Xchoppers Tapers are pretty loud as compared to Stock .. Xchoppers Tapers were my First Mod so am talking experience here, not just something I read .. Was a simple easy change to do them and done lots of slip ons on many makes but this went the easiest of all of them ..

00newpipes01.jpg 00newpipes02.jpg 00newpipes03.jpg

#2 JayFL459, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Doraemon, Da Nurse and Alpal like this.
  3. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

185 and worth every cent,.......love them,......love the sound,......

Doraemon and Da Nurse like this.
  4. Doraemon

Doraemon Active Member

After much deliberation, i ended up drilling the 1" (25 mm) plug in the baffle out. while it was not my first choice to do. I was concerned that the options of other exhaust systems were too costly (shipping) and loud for the location. As a "guest" of this country i feel i must adhere more strictly than natives in some situations, not that others do.......(end political rant here).

I am happy to report the increase is enough to make me happy it sounds like a bike and not a scooter. it retains enough silence to not be much louder than it already is. since my neighbors house is only 3-4' from my driveway. Did I mention in japan they have less than zero lot lines?
    most houses are 1-2 meters total distance from each other and driveways can be right up against someones home.

Alpal, SixShooter and Da Nurse like this.
  5. SixShooter

SixShooter Well-Known Member

I drilled mine out-love the sound!

Da Nurse and Alpal like this.
  6. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Well done Guys! That's all I did to my Stage Ones and I love the sound also. I truly believe you can work the stock mufflers to sound really great. Yes I know the doom Sayers will say, no! No! They are way too heavy and slow you down!:eek::confused:,.....and I say utter rubbish and use a little story to illustrate why they are NOT too heavy,......Alpal arranges a ride with one of his mates who has Scout too. Off they go at a great rate of speed through all the twisties, down the gears, up the gears! Just hammering those Scouts! They stop for coffee, wow! What. Great ride! Where's this going? I'm five foot ten and weigh 70 kg,........my friend is six foot and weighs 140 kgs and I was following him, unable to catch him,.....so much for heavy mufflers,.....ride the rubber off Guys and enjoy that noise you got now,....
    Alpal

Da Nurse and Doraemon like this.