Show us your custom Indian Scout work!

Discussion in 'Indian Scout' started by NickJ, Jul 27, 2016.

1. NickJ

NickJ Administrator
    Staff Member Supporter

The Scout has been out long enough that you guys and gals had better have some good work to show us!

Here is yet another image of my Scarlett bike.
    Before, Middle, and End.

IMG_4593.jpg
    Last ride in Full Stock Form.

IMG_0032.jpg
    V&H Pipes added.

IMG_0669.jpg
    Full freaking custom.

2. robigirl

robigirl New Member
    Original 111

my scout painted and new pipes the crushers

Attached Files:

3. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

OK Mods, let's go!
    image.jpeg First up, my new Big Shot Memphis Shades screen, NOT supplied by Memphis so much as me buying the bits and making it fit. It works! After two hundred miles through an atrocious storm in the lower half of the North Island, I can assure you, it works.
    image.jpeg I relocated the indicators so the screen clamps would sit as low as possible so the gap between headlight and screen was minimal. Note however that means the screen is not a quick removal job unless you undo the screen from the brackets. I'm happy with it being a permanent fixture as it is easy to clean, both sides.
    image.jpeg My soul frightening, heart stopping LOUD Piaa horn.
    image.jpeg @Darkscout has done a fantastic job with the Scout suspension. Shown are his "DS" rear shocks, set in the third of four positions. Also not shown of course are the Ikon front springs which I fitted at the same time. The difference between before and after suspension mods was like getting off one bike and climbing on an entirely different one. The mod works!, and it did not break the bank like some mods out there do.
    Here we see my battery tender wire connection and my Hit Air jacket connection. I have a rather poor lower back and figure any help I can give it in the event of a fall is worth it. I just tell people I have an air bag too, just like them! image.jpeg image.jpeg Here we have mirror extensions, sized up hand grip areas with leather covers and you can just see the Barnetts clutch cable as well as my three way adjustable Helibar handlebars.
    image.jpeg
    A better shot of the bars and the clutch cable.
    image.jpeg Hyper Lite brake light which flashes on and off continually when either brake is applies and that works too. Have seen tailgaters back off real fast when I apply it. I fitted the hyper lite after seeing a vid of a Scout from behind charging round the streets of some sun soaked Californian city and decided the back needed more light.
    image.jpeg
    Bought these Kuryakhan mini boards off Gort, still sealed in their packaging for a very friendly price a while back. And now he makes and sells his own boards! Good on him! Also seen here are the extended clutch and brake pedals. I was missing the brake with the short OEM ones. Thanks for that Ronnie for bringing me up to speed with where to get those babies from.
    image.jpeg I just had to dress up all those cap screws on the motor! The bugged the life out of me seeing them with their hex' exposed like that! I mean, they looked naked! Highway Hawk to the rescue with a whole heap of plastic chrome underpants! A touch of sealastic helps to keep the ones in the hot spots in place.
    image.jpeg The other side,.....
    image.jpeg And lastly, just visible and the one I am most proud of is my front Mudflap. After seeing the front of my radiator after only a few weeks of riding I was quickly on the hunt for a flap. When none could be found I decided to ask Captain Itch if they would make one for me. The rest is history. I don't know how many they have sold but they thought it good enough to add pictures of my bike with it fitted to their web site! So for a better picture jump on to their site. It is a cheap mod that not only keeps the radiator and shroud free of dirt and grime but keeps stones away from damaging the fins and most importantly, the radiator tubing itself. I found stones became wedged between the sh round and the radiator and the constant movement and vibrations of the bike while in travel began to wear away the radiator. That you don't need. Have a chat to Alison at Captain Itch and she'll see you right,....

Well, that all from me,.........for the moment!,........( other things are planned, but don't tell Stephanie!)
    Alpal

4. robigirl

robigirl New Member
    Original 111

I decided to Have my scout painted the old indian red and cream colors loved the black but everyone loves my red and cream best plus a pic of my floor boards and love those very much i seem to sit in a better position and much more comfortable then with the pegs

Attached Files:

Alpal, dregol, CameramanX and 5 others like this.
  5. RubysDad

RubysDad New Member
    Original 111

6. Hatt

Hatt Well-Known Member
    Original 111

IMAG1501.jpg
    Covered those gawd forsaken bolts.

IMAG1480.jpg
    DarkScout suspension. (An absolute must do on the scout)

IMAG1438.jpg
    Polished foot levers

I normally customize the crap out my bikes to the point they are about only 75% of what I originally purchased, but my Scout is a different animal in my life. it is the only one thing ive ever had where that when I walk out to it, I say, nothing to do here except finish what they started and didnt finish! And that really rare for me! Lol
    (As of now anyways ;-)

7. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

You don't get away that easy Hatt, what did you cover those Bôlts with, where did you get them and what's the cost? And seeing we are in different countries, good explanations will be required. I hate those Bôlts too! And what did you use on the other side?
    Alpal

DanceswithScout likes this.
  8. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Windshield, ( Memphis Shades ) Suspension ( K-Tech Bullits, Rear and Traxxion Front ) Seat ( 2, Mean City Rework and Mustang ) Last but certainly not least Custom Painted Tank ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Hatt

Hatt Well-Known Member
    Original 111

Shoot! I was hoping for the easy ride!
    I got them at my local hardware store (trilling).. they are called "chrome hex bolt head covers". In 5/8 size I believe.. its been awhile lol
    I dont recall the exact price but they were no less than 5 and no more than 10 a piece. And I bought 4 of them for both sides..

DanceswithScout and Alpal like this.
  10. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Thank you Buddy. And they are held on,...how? And come off easy?,...

#10 Alpal, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  11. Maggie

Maggie New Member
    Original 111

Unfortunately I am unable to upload my close ups but am sure you can zoom in if you feel like doing so. I have only added a screen, and rear fender Indian logos.. Also a small concho on rear fender bolt. Will be doing more but at the moment the cash is going on my hubbys Springfield.. Will get my exhausts soon.. :).

#11 Maggie, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    DanceswithScout likes this.
  12. RBinTEX

RBinTEX Bronze Member
    Original 111

This is on the right side of my Scout!
    Lots of other stuff, but later on I will post some more stuff!

badge edit 2.jpg SRP-0017.jpg

13. Cindy T

Cindy T Member
    Original 111

The first thing I did was get rid of the plastic on the tank and had an amazing pin stripper free hand the logo on my tank. I worked with the wonderful folks at Motherwell Products to create the rear rack for the Scout. Got an engine guard from Aeromache that I like the look of better than OEM. Then came the exhaust as I didn't like the sound of the stock exhaust. The last thing so far I have done is color in the logo on the tires and put a Freedom Shield on & some IronBraid on my levers.
    Still need to do something with the seat but not sure what yet which option to go. I like the look of the Arrow floorboards but unsure how they will work with the engine guard and my comfort level.

Attached Files:

14. Cindy T

Cindy T Member
    Original 111

Well shoot - 2 of my pictures are sideways... they were saved and compressed the right way on my pc - anyone know how I can rotate them here?

RED IRON and DanceswithScout like this.
  15. Sturgis 75th

Sturgis 75th Moderator
    Staff Member Supporter Original 111

Looks great.

Cindy T likes this.
  16. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Just Bring to Full Size and Right Click and Save these Cindy ..

Attached Files:

Hatt and Cindy T like this.
  17. CameramanX

CameramanX Well-Known Member

I've been plugging away on a few mods to make Scout #507 my own.

Some folks seem to like what I've done so far!

aa1a.jpg

Replaced the stock horn with an old motorcycle horn that I bought from LuftWolf when he bailed on waiting for his Scout in the dark days of late 2014. I changed the tank logo to an over sized Indian script decal that I designed, added bar-end blinkers, blacked out the upper forks' and added a Mother Road Customs seat.

aa2.JPG
    Then I had this luggage rack custom made. It didn't turn out exactly the way I designed it in my head, but over all in the last year it has grown on me. It's certainly very strong and functional. I let it stay as raw steel, I wipe down with Penetrol every couple of months to keep it from rusting. It's getting a really nice patina.

aa3.JPG
    I found that I was most comfortable riding for short periods of time perching on the back lip of my MRC seat. So I decided to move my seat to that happy place. I didn't feel that I could mount coil springs on top of the fender so I went with a leaf spring design. I'm very happy with the results and I'm thinking I have the only leaf spring mounted seat on a Scout.

aa4a.JPG

Lastly I've installed DS suspension. I have no photos of that yet but you all have seen those. Next up when cash flow improves is the Samson staggered long tail slip-on exhaust and one of the high flo intakes. Also I've been figuring out how I can get bar-end mirrors on and still keep the bar-end blinkers. It's kind of funny I need more bar end. I have some parts that I think will work, just need some time to see if it's a good idea or not.
    DSC08463a.JPG

18. Sturgis 75th

Sturgis 75th Moderator
    Staff Member Supporter Original 111

These pics are from one of our IMRG members bikes that I took last Sunday.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

19. Vinnie

Vinnie Active Member
    Original 111

My Mods so far

Mirror extenders
    Heel toe shifter
    Reduced reach bars
    Pass seat and sissy bar
    Barnett clutch cable
    National cycle windshield
    Slime inside the tires