scout performance increase

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle Performance' started by Blakeyz, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Blakeyz

Blakeyz Member

Afternoon folks, well it is here :)
    Can't see anything on performance increase for scout/60
    on my 60 I have s+s pod filter, V+H exhaust, and dynoed/remap using pcvx, what else can I do, other than fit big bore kit?

2. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Hi Blakeyz,.......So what you saying?,.....120+ MPH not enough huh?:confused::oops:o_O,.....:cool::p:D,.......Can't help you much other than to direct you to a thread,......

'Indian Scout ( 60/69) Tuning Experiences'

Type that into the 'search box'

There is a thread on the big Bore kit but I don't recall the name,......Check out the Scout Performance forum,.....

Thirdly, If you are recently from the Alternative Universe forum that a lot are leaving you could duck back over there and PM Hatt,.......His bike was used as a guinea pig for a Scout Big Bore Kit by an engine rebuilding joint a little while back,.......

Good luck and keep us posted Little Sister Scout Buddy,.....

Alpal,....(From where Scouts were first made to go FAST!!!!!,.....in the Land of Burt!!!!:cool::p:D:rolleyes:;)

PS,.....Stage one mod to get your Scout REALLY FLYING????,........Paint it RED!!!!!!,........Burt did and look how well it worked for him!!!!!:p:p:p:p

3. Blakeyz

Blakeyz Member

Thanks, curious more than anything, I'll post a pic when msr have finished with her, not so much red, but going for pearlescent black cherry, more than happy with what my 60 puts out at the moment, changing the v+h for the freedom system, be interesting if it produces more once its dynoed

Alpal likes this.
  4. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

looking forward to that pic Bud,.....and any new developments you carry out,.....
    Alpal

5. Andy

Andy Active Member

i don't think you can do more :)
    yeah, buy another motorcycle ! :D

my 2cts.
    Increasing the power from 100 to 105 hp is inconceivable for me, as the game (and the cost) is not worth the money spent. On the other hand, using a PVCX for example to adjust the idle speed, adjusting the torque and the power over all or part of the range of use seems more intelligent to me, and that's what you did, it seems
    If you are sure to gain more than 15% of power (17% to 25%) then yes it can be interesting but on a Scout considering the intrinsic quality of the engine and its development it seems to me can probably.
    Maybe it is necessary to start with a Scout 69 2015 / 2016 the fastest Scout? ;)

6. doublej

doublej Bronze Member
    Supporting Vendor Original 111

When I had my red 15' Scout 69ci, I upgraded the suspension, added a Arlen Ness intake, a Dobeck fuel controller, and Bassani 2-1 pipe (+ Pirelli Night Dragons). I never dynoed it, but I can tell you it sounded nasty, and when the tach hit 6,000 rpms- you better be pointed where you want to go and be holding on....

Not a whole lot more to do besides increasing displacement. Have fun and good luck! - John

muz, Rodd and Baldhead_J like this.
  7. Blakeyz

Blakeyz Member

Thanks guys, ktech suspension, floating front disc, caliper from 2020 scout fitted
    Let you know what the dyno says when it's finished (I know it's not a sports bike but it's already at 84 bhp at rear wheel)
    Doublej is right about power over 6000 rpm

Alpal likes this.
  8. Blakeyz

Blakeyz Member

Love it as it is already ❤️❤️❤️, best fun bike I've had, and there's been a lot over the years(chance for another thread, how many bikes have you owned?)

9. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

And I concur,.......played a little more with my 'GMan Industries' 'The Bully' tuner yesterday after uncovering some more tuning info,....went for a run and Holy Smoke!,.....It's high Rev Heaven out on them there streets!:eek::oops:o_O:):):)Love that Scout!!:p:p
    Alpal

10. se7en10

se7en10 Well-Known Member

Look up @barlowbuilt

FB_IMG_1580123857849.jpg

muz, sidecarsam, Rodd and 1 other person like this.
  11. Blakeyz

Blakeyz Member