Scout Bobber Tire Ready For Replacement

Discussion in 'Indian Scout' started by ScoutBobber49, Aug 26, 2020.

1. ScoutBobber49

ScoutBobber49 Well-Known Member

Bought my Scout new in November of 2019. Looks like I'm already needing a new rear.

Tires are the stock Pirelli MT60's that came on the bike. Planning to get the same one for the rear (I like the look of these), and then by the time I need a new one again, I will explore buying both front and rear tires at the same time, possibly a different brand.

My question is: Does it seem like that's a normal life span for a rear tire with 6300 miles on it? Note, the pics may make them look a bit better than they are.

Just normal riding habits, no burnouts for me.... ha

Tire2.jpg Tire1.jpg

#1 ScoutBobber49, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  2. Rodd

Rodd Bronze Member

Quite good for a duel sport tire.
    Unless you do quite a bit of riding off the tarmac, most road tires will go further. Not going to suggest a brand cause there's plenty of opinion on that around here already.

#2 Rodd, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    ScoutBobber49 likes this.
  3. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

On my Scout my opinion on the 3 brand Tires tried on it .. OEM Kendas= Garbage .. Michelin Commander II's= Good Grip Excellent Mileage .. Pirelli Night Dragons= Excellent Grip Good Mileage .. Not familiar with the MT60's so can't comment there ..

ScoutBobber49 likes this.
  4. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Used Continental Milestones for twenty years,......great tyres,.....long lasting good grip from combination tread,........Milestones recently replaced with Conti Tours,.....have two on the Scout as I tap,......used them on my RoadKing and have them on my Suzuki Intruder also,.......16 to 18 thousand miles on a rear and over twenty on a front,......never experienced slippage,.....
    Alpal

muz and ScoutBobber49 like this.