Saddlemen Road Sofa

Discussion in 'Indian Challenger' started by FATE, Jun 19, 2022 at 10:06 AM.

1. FATE

FATE New Member

Hey guys

The bike is currently in the shop for surgery. In the time I have to sit here and think about how much I miss it, I considered that after about 5 hours continuous, the stock seat starts to get uncomfortable. This is kind of a problem, seeing as I've committed to a Coast-2-Coast ride this August. So aftermarket seats. The one I've found is the Saddlemen Road Sofa. Anyone had one on their challenger? I'd appreciate any feedback I can get before I drop 600 on it.

2. Michael Griggs

I purchased mine last December. Put about 2K miles on it Jan-March before taking a 1k mile trip in early April. I love mine, but this is the only after market seat i have experience with, so i could be a little bias. The more time I get on it the more comfortable it gets. I over 4k miles on it now. It definitely helped with tail bone pressure right out of the gate compared to the stock seat. I do recommend getting the back rest if you do buy the seat. It really helped me on my long trip. Just around town type riding, I remove the back rest. I did also purchase the heated seat option, and combined with a heated vest and grips, mid 30 degree F temps are very doable. Hope this helps! One other thing, now that summer has come, if the bike sets in the sun for a while, the gel in the seat gets hot and holds heat for a little while after you get back on it. I do feel like my butt is warm/hot for a little while. Not uncomfortable, you just can tell it takes a while longer for it to cool off vs a factory seat.

FATE likes this.