Ride to Indian of Ocala

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JayFL459, Mar 25, 2018.

1. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Put this in the Off Topic Section me being the only Indian Rider among the 4 but great guys to ride with and shared many miles together .. Anyway, Rodney was needing a Rear Tire for his 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager and Indian of Ocala is actually a Separate Building but Division of Ride Now Powersports, which includes many makes including Kawasaki .. A place most of you have heard me mention has high fees and usually don't budge much on their prices .. Will soon find out why I posted this as an Exception to the Rule .. First thing Ride Now is not a bad place to get tires they will Mount, Balance, and Install a New Tire and Match any advertised price you bring to them .. In his Case was a Michelin Commander II at $199.00 .. After His Bike was taken in naturally we all were doing some Window Shopping and Rodney went backwards and forwards trying to get a deal on an Indian and they were pretty much beyond his range on Financing as his Voyager just is not much on Resale Value .. Looking around myself I spotted a New Victory Vision and noticed it was the last of their New Victory's .. Told him try a different approach and offer Your Voyager and $5,000 out the Door and might get it for 8K .. Ridiculous Amount Bottom Line even for a discontinued Model as it sold for 22,995 OTD New when came out in Late 2016 .. Long Story Short they went back and forth for about an Hour and Finally the Sales Manager Came out with $7,243.00 and Not Going Any Lower .. Simply put getting the best trade value I could possibly find for his Trade and Crunching Tax, Tag, Title .. He basically got it for 14-15K for a Brand New Victory Vision .. They made it plain after the Deal was done, they wanted their last New Victory off the floor which I kind of figured anyway .. Anyway another story of one going in for service , tires or acc's and leaving with a New Ride .. As an owner of a 2012 Victory Cross Country for 80,000 Trouble Free Miles, I know he will have lots of Happy miles ahead which he well deserves with some of the problems he has had with older Bikes ..

4 Musketeers.jpg RodneyVision.jpg

2. Gator Mcklusky

Gator Mcklusky Gold Member

Awesome deal right there!

3. Warlock

Warlock This space for rent.
    Supporter

That’s a great storyJay...remind me never to go tire buying with you tho. Not sure I could afford it. ;):D

4. Bobby Jesus

Bobby Jesus Chainsaw God
    Original 111

I’ve been on their website. Saw some real good pricing on Indians. Will be dropping in during leesburg bikefest.

Da Nurse, JayFL459, Roll On and 2 others like this.
  5. doublej

doublej Silver Member
    Supporting Vendor Original 111

Great story and good for Rodney....he was a real nice guy when we met him last year- John

6. doublej

doublej Silver Member
    Supporting Vendor Original 111

Great story and good for Rodney....he was a real nice guy when we met him last year- John

JayFL459 likes this.
  7. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Gold Member

I gentleman at work that retired recently had a Victory Vision. Really nice bike's!

Da Nurse, JayFL459 and Warlock like this.
  8. thumper

thumper Gold Member
    Original 111

I’ve got a friend that wants to sell his his 2009 Vision limited edition 10th Anniversary model. He’s trying to find a shop to put it on consignment and so far, no one wants to even discuss it.

The thing is immaculate. I think he’s about ready to donate to charity and take the write off.

Da Nurse and JayFL459 like this.
  9. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

In all Honesty most either Love a vision or can't stand it looks and hate it .. No Clue what he wants for it but a soon to be 10 year old Ride won't bring much .. Just have to add the Vision is the most Comfortable and least Turbulent Motorcycle, with Excellent Handling .. Test Rode Several Visions and rode many others as well .. I just hated the looks of it .. Rodney is one of the Few that thinks it looks cool why suggested it to him ..

Da Nurse and sidecarsam like this.