Ride Command Update April 2017

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by PakRat, Apr 4, 2017.

1. PakRat

PakRat Well-Known Member

Just updated! Waypoints added, yes!!!!!!

Plan. Track. Share. Welcome to RiderX!

Note the update will erase saved settings, see note below; might want to write down important addresses if needed. Haven't downloaded and installed myself yet, but here's the details:

Exciting New Features In The April 2017 Update
    1. Multi Waypoint Routes Now you can build a ride with up to 100 stops! Simply touch the map to add a waypoint and begin navigation. This feature also works while navigating, as you can simply add a waypoint to your current route (such as a fuel or food stop).
    2. Additional Points of Interest Search faster and see more locations.
    3. Save/Export/Upload Maps Save and export your route data in the form of a GPX file to a USB-enabled device (located in the dash storage). Then, your route file can be uploaded to other Ride Command units for quick and easy route sharing.
    Key Updates
    1. FM Reception Experience better range and reception through the built-in FM tuner.
    2. Address Entry A more streamlined navigation process get you riding even faster.
    3. Customized Rider Screens With an improved screen selection process, it's even easier to choose what you want to see.
    4. Auto-Updated Clock Adjust your settings to automatically update your clock based on your current location's time zone.
    5. Auto-Fade Audio During a navigation prompt, your music volume will temporarily fade then return to your previous volume when the prompt ends.
    6. Text Functionality For those who have cell phones compatible with the Ride Command text functionality, you'll now see the first 40 characters of the text in a pop-up.
    IMPORTANT NOTE:
    When you perform this update, your motorcycle will clear all saved locations, FM presets and Bluetooth® connections plus any trip/oil change information.

#1 PakRat, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Roll On and Alpal like this.
  2. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Can't cook an egg though can it?

Roll On likes this.
  3. PakRat

PakRat Well-Known Member

Wrap an egg in tinfoil and put it between the 111 jugs, yes it can.

Roll On likes this.
  4. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

You don't keep your ride command between your jugs do you? Try strapping an egg to the screen and see if it gets cooked there!

5. Roll On

Roll On Bronze Member
    Original 111

Thank you for finding and sharing.

I will look into this, sounds like fun.:)

Alpal likes this.
  6. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

( RollOn, don't do it! The egg will just go smelly! I'm just trying to trick him!)

Roll On likes this.
  7. PakRat

PakRat Well-Known Member

Damn I almost fell for it.

Alpal likes this.
  8. CuChulain

CuChulain Well-Known Member

Dude! Thank you for posting that. There were 2 things that I was disappointed about when I bought my RM. The seat (I've replaced it with an Ultimate seat), and the limited functionality of the gps. In fact I just checked the site yesterday in hopes that they had an update, but must have checked before they released it. Thanks again.

Roll On likes this.
  9. Rickie

Rickie New Member

I wish there was a small video of this new feature. I have a Garmin 660, and I can sit at my computer to make a detailed route. Having the capability now on the Ride Command is a great thing, but learning the ins and outs of how to use it while sitting on the bike isn't the best way for us all to learn.
    We need Polaris to add, a how to video, to create and use way points to make a route, or we need an amateur vlogger to make one for us.

Alpal likes this.
  10. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Imagine an "Informative" here. That has been my worry with that big screen Rickie, that someone is going to be distracted just a bit too long while out on the road. Yes, they are a great thing to have in this modern age but the big sister people that have then should be enjoying the thrill of the ride while they are out there, not pressing buttons I feel,.......
    Alpal

11. CuChulain

CuChulain Well-Known Member

As anxious as I've been to get this feature (import/export routes), I've actually yet to try it out. At a glance it doesn't look very intuitive but I really haven't dug in yet. I'll keep you updated if I get the opportunity or find any info on it. Please do the same.