Radio quit.

Discussion in 'Indian Challenger' started by Bu11, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Bu11

Bu11 New Member

I rode about 45 minutes and decided to pull into a gas station to call a buddy in the area. I muted the radio, but still couldn't hear so I killed the engine. After I hung up (about 2 minutes) I started my bike like normal. But it has no radio. I muted and unmuted it, still nothing. I changed channels, no go. I switched to Bluetooth to play from my phone, nothing. So I just rode. I pulled over again to check the antenna connection, everything as far as I can tell all looked ok. I tried the weather radio, still nothing. So I rode some more, muting and unmuting, changing channels, for 120 miles no radio. I noticed next to the radio station it's showing no signal. Also when the bike goes thru it's start up menu you can hear the speakers come on but nothing coming out of them. The bike has less then 1K. Anyone have an idea what I did? I'm hoping it's something stupid I've done so I can undo it.

2. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

This happens to me occasionally and I have to power down and back up to reset Ridecommand. My SW version is different than yours, however.

IROQUOIS likes this.
  3. Bu11

Bu11 New Member

Talked to my dealer today, he thinks the ridecommand lost something and will need to be hooked up to his computer to reset it. I'll keep you posted when I know more.

tthunder38 and Baldhead_J like this.
  4. Blindsides

Blindsides New Member

Same here, started today. First the USB said it was disconnected, then after about 30-45 minutes the Bluetooth would not work anymore. I tried two different sources. Turning the bike off then on, fixes it for about 30-45 minutes, Then it does it again. Pain in the ass when on the interstate, paid a lot for the media center and upgraded speakers and saddlebag speakers.

5. Bu11

Bu11 New Member

Sorry I've not gotten back to you. I had an appointment to take it to the dealer, but the night before I decided to try one more thing. When I pressed the start up button the radio came on! I've put 750 miles on her since then with no issues. So I don't know, maybe I had a lump in the electricity?