PVCX - Fuel Moto or Power Vision

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle Performance' started by Dan_Frisbie, Mar 25, 2018.

?

Who has better service, support and tunes for the PVCX?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2018.
  1. Fuel Moto

80.0%
  2. Power Vision

10.0%
  3. Dyno Jet

10.0%
  1. Dan_Frisbie

Dan_Frisbie Bronze Member
    Supporter Original 111

PVCX poll. Trying to decide which vendor has the best service and support.
    Edit
    I gues I'm confused still. I thought Power Vision was selling them, too.

#1 Dan_Frisbie, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Da Nurse likes this.
  2. sidecarsam

sidecarsam Gold Member
    Original 111

Well, I can't really say who is better because I have only dealt with Fuel Moto. I bought my PVCX from them, got their maps, and got excellent help from them when I needed it. I think their customer service is awesome. I have never dealt with Power Vision, so I cannot make a comparison.

Cindy Hu, tthunder38 and Da Nurse like this.
  3. Hwy 2

Hwy 2 Well-Known Member

No problems with Fuel Moto

JayFL459 and Da Nurse like this.
  4. doublej

doublej Silver Member
    Supporting Vendor Original 111

I'm guessing you mean Dynojet, rather than Power Vision?

I called Dynojet once a couple weeks ago and was prettun unhapy with the treatment I got. I have dealt with FM 2 or 3 times (and am now remote tuning the Lloydz 585 cams with Craig) and have never been disatisfied. - John

5. 49Indian

49Indian Active Member
    Original 111

I bought my PVCX over a year ago from Fuel Moto. I had an issue with the PVCX (can't remember exactly what it was) and sent an email to Fuel Moto, or so I thought. This was on a Saturday and expected no response until Monday. I received a response from Dusty at DynoJet that afternoon and a followup on Sunday afternoon. I had sent the email to the wrong company, but that didn't matter to Dusty and he took care of my problem on what should have been his time off.

I feel that both give excellent customer service and support. I went with Fuel Moto due to their tunes being reviewed as " more aggressive " than the DynoJet tunes and DynoJets tunes still available to download and try out. FuelMoto's tunes are only available if you buy the PVCX from them.

Hope this helps.

6. EPOCH6

EPOCH6 Well-Known Member

Power Vision is the series of devices, you probably mean the manufacturer, Dynojet.

I purchased mine from Fuel Moto and like just about everybody else online I have nothing but good things to say about their service. They have always responded to me within 24 hours.

I think from a practical position alone it makes more sense to purchase from Fuel Moto since doing so grants you access to all of their tunes as well as Dynojets.

The more tunes the merrier.

7. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Been Dealing with Fuel Moto since bought my first Fuel Injected Ride the 2008 Electra Glide Standard .. Tuned by a Power Commander III .. Excellent to Deal With ..

ShannonDad.jpg

theMucker and Da Nurse like this.
  8. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

This is True, but been looking at prices all over for the PVCX, and Fuel Moto doesn't cost anymore than buying elsewhere .. Found some off the Wall vendor selling for $5.00 Less Forget It ..

9. AtlChief2017

AtlChief2017 New Member

i own a chieftain 2017 and when using my lvcx to collect log files for remote tuning, the PVCX reboots or goes into sleep mode while riding and trying to collect log files. Anyone else experienced this?

10. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

On some 17 models with ride command, you need to pull the fuse for ride command when you are recording logs.

11. theMucker

theMucker Well-Known Member

It seems to me that ya just gotta love Dynojet, 'cause they make the PVCX. Fuel Moto sells them and makes great tunes. I've had such terrific service from both that I would be hard pressed to say who is better.
    FYI when I bought my PVCX from Fuel Moto and developed some sort of software issue that caused it to stop working entirely. Fuel Moto replaced it FAST and they've sent me great tunes that work with my choice of modifications; K&N filter in the OEM air box, stock mufflers & gutted catholic converter. Later, when I installed the Stage 2 cams myself, I didn't get the factory tune done, because they insist on the bike having Stage 2 intake & exhaust. And without the tune that comes with the Stage 2 cams as a base to work with, Jamie at Fuel Moto couldn't give me a tune for my Roadmaster. It certainly is not his fault that I insist on doing things MY way. :rolleyes: But Dusty at Dynojet did software magic and put together a tune that ran great!
    And I should add that I've not only been using Dynojet tuning products on most of my bikes since the mid-80s, as a mechanic, I've installed and set-up MANY of them on other riders' machines.
    Both are AWESOME companies.

#11 theMucker, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Roadie, Cindy Hu, Da Nurse and 3 others like this.
  12. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Certainly was not running Dynojet down when mentioning how great Fuel Moto was.. Should have mentioned when Dynojet first designed the PVCX for the Scout My Tuner got all his info from Dynojet and some his own expertise to get the Scout running far better than it ever did on the PCV .. Fuel Moto had not done any MAP's for the Scout yet at that time ..

Da Nurse, Warlock and theMucker like this.
  13. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

I have heard this from several sources, That you need to Pull the Fuse on Ride Command on 17's .. Was not an Issue for me because the 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse has no Ride Command ..

Da Nurse and Warlock like this.
  14. ndncowboy

ndncowboy Bronze Member
    Original 111

Between Wichita Falls and Fort Worth Texas
    Buying from Fuelmoto just gives you the most flexibility. You can then get tunes and services from both companies. Dynojet will back their product 100% no matter which company you buy from. The problem some run into is the think if they buy from Dynojet they can get tunes and services from Fuelmoto but no they cannot. That's the sticky wicket with the whole thing. But all you have to do in that case is to buy just about anything from Fuelmoto and you are back in business and can get tunes and service from both again. You need some kind of receipt from Fuelmoto is the key.

Da Nurse, sidecarsam, Warlock and 2 others like this.
  15. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Can Verify you better have your Receipt Number Handy .. :)

Da Nurse, Warlock and theMucker like this.
  16. doublej

doublej Silver Member
    Supporting Vendor Original 111

So, just an update; Wanting to semi permenantly mount the PVCX, I noticed the connection cord was not long enough to go from the left rear side panel, under the tank, to the handlebars. After looking all over the internet and not being able to find one, I called Dynojet and they told me they now offer a 48" cord with the new ones...."give me your address, I'll send you one out....". No muss, no fuss, no charge, no shipping....three days later it arrives. Pretty damn good service and now renewed fatih in them!! Thought it was fair to share the news....- John

49Indian, JayFL459, Da Nurse and 3 others like this.
  17. sidecarsam

sidecarsam Gold Member
    Original 111

Gotta Love those Guys! :D

Da Nurse and Cindy Hu like this.