Power wire run for bluetooth speakers

Discussion in 'Indian Springfield' started by TJinSD, Jan 15, 2020.

1. TJinSD

TJinSD Member

Has anyone run power lines from the handlebars to the battery? How did you run it? Under the dash, under the tank, under the tank and inside the wiring loom? Connect somewhere else?
    Thanks for any ideas!

2. TJinSD

TJinSD Member

For anyone who might want to do this in the future, here's what I ended up doing...
    Remove the tank. There's a wire tray between the tank and frame. Quite handy for running wires in. It's not possible to run anything inside the wire loom because it isn't continuous from front to rear of the tank.
    I found a crimp in the fuel line and used this time to replace that as well.

Aargow likes this.
  3. George Stafford

I want to use the extra switched plug under the nacelle for some blu-tooth speakers. I did run power up front tho. I'm no wrench but managed to remove the tank and it wasn't too much of a chore...Found some youtube videos that show how to do it. The only thing I did differently was I disconnected the fuel tank at the top vs near the engine. I ran power for my cell phone that now has power regardless of ignition switch position. The phone mount (Quad-Lock) I use draws no power unless the phone is plugged in.

TJinSD and Baldhead_J like this.