Pathfinder headlight

Discussion in 'Indian Scout' started by N. Cognito, Oct 23, 2020.

1. N. Cognito

N. Cognito Well-Known Member

Greets, all. Been AWOL for a while.

Got out this evening for a quick jaunt, and as the light faded, I was reminded of the pitiful performance of the Scout's OE headlight. I've resisted the LED conversions because I like the appearance of the stocker, but...it s**ks. Anybody want to contribute an opinion on the $pendy Pathfinder conversion?

2. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

The aftermarket is cheaper and cheap enough that if you're unhappy, you're literally in for less than half.
    That said, the adaptive part is still spendy everywhere but my Hogworks is bright AS FUQ and leaves me undesirous of an adaptive option.

Gator Mcklusky likes this.
  3. Gator Mcklusky

Gator Mcklusky Silver Member

I have a Hogworkz on my Wide Glide and couldn't be happier with it.

Baldhead_J likes this.
  4. ScotD

ScotD Well-Known Member

I did a quick DDG search for "5.75 inch LED headlight classic look". There's options out there.
    If you do a 7 inch conversion, Truck-Lite has one that mimics the classic look, and reviews are good:
    Truck-Lite_27270c_LED.jpg

5. Paparog

Paparog Active Member

I have a Truck-Lite headlight and passing lights on my 2015 Vintage. They light up the road and ditches really well. The price in my opinion is reasonable compared to some of the more expensive lights out there. I am very satisfied with the outcome of this change.

6. muz

muz Bronze Member

Eagle Lights, lifetime warranty, model 8900 gen111 projection headlight. Affordable quality.

N. Cognito likes this.
  7. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

had trouble with my Scout headlight,......adjusted it correctly and the problem went away. The headlight was never set at pre-delivery time. With my second scout was the same so I also adjusted the headlight and was talked into buying a better headlight bulb by @muz . A big improvement for very few dollars. Maybe our dark is different to yours but I feel no need to spend hundreds on a flash headlight. Muz,....can you chip on with the headlight bulb maker and part number maybe?
    Alpal

muz likes this.
  8. Rodd

Rodd Bronze Member

Thanks Muz, Fitted the Eagle light you sent - much better than stock. I ride home in the dark every night after work and one thing I found with the stock headlight was that some cars would still drive at me with lights on full beam and ignore my high beam. Now I give them a flash of the LED and they all dip pretty quickly.
    I haven't ridden with an adaptive headlight but the Eagle headlight lights up the sides of the road much better than stock (on my 2016 scout) so I don't see a need to spend more.

#8 Rodd, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    muz and Baldhead_J like this.
  9. muz

muz Bronze Member

They are the Osram Night Racer designed for motorcycles specifically vibration. Work super well in Harleys, bahahahaha. Excellent affordable replacement / upgrade, but, the Eagle Lights LED headlight is way , way much better, brighter and sidelights the road.

4thunder likes this.
  10. N. Cognito

N. Cognito Well-Known Member

I looked a the Eagle Rider options. The 8900 seems like a value. I like the "Infinity Beam," but can't see why it's $170 more than the 8900/III.

muz likes this.
  11. muz

muz Bronze Member

The Infinity is a projection beam headlight and puts the light way out in front as well as giving a wide spread across the road. probably not worth all that extra coin but hey, if it helps just once in preventing a crash, hitting an object, missing a turn, it would have well payed for itself. Also have to be good for spotting cars to actually see you on the road.

MilwDave likes this.
  12. Creek

Creek Member

Bought a daymaker (Hogwerkz) & was about to install it when I found a JW Speaker Adaptive II demo from Revzilla. $100 Off retail-still expensive @ $400 but I loved it. I had to replace it under warranty. It started blinking on & off at low beam. Riding at night in mountains of north Georgia & western North Carolina is quite a thrill when one’s light goes off even for a fraction of a second!! Got it replaced & it’s great. Put the Daymaker on while waiting on the new JWS & it’s a great light! It’s as bright as the JWS, and if I added fog/running lights I think it would work fine!! I’m keeping it in case...

muz, Baldhead_J and ScotD like this.