Parts finder/brake pad question

Discussion in 'Indian RoadMaster' started by Jackman, Apr 4, 2021 at 8:59 AM.

1. Jackman

Jackman Member

2019 Roadmaster
    I am in need of parts and would rather not go through the stealership. I have been on Indian Parts Nation and the little ball has been scrolling for 20 minutes trying to upload the diagram. Cheap cycle parts uses the same website as Indian parts nation. Indian Motorcycle.com doesn't have what I need.
    Been on several sites and no luck.
    I am looking for the rear brake retaining clip. I can get the clip if I buy the entire brake set. Don't need the brakes, just the little clip that goes over the pads. And the little rods and spring that hold the "glove box" lid together on top of the fairing just below the windscreen.
    My local dealer wants $20 per little rod and spring and $75 for the brake pad set just to have the retaining clip.

Question while I am here: the rear brake was sounding as if it were grinding metal on metal. I removed the pads. The inside pad was fine but the outside, pad closest to exhaust pipe, was angled so much the front of the pad was barely worn but the rear of the pad was completely gone and the metal part of the pad was defintely rubbing against the rotor. What would cause that?
    I replaced the pads and she was good for about a week then I heard the grinding sound again last night coming home from work. The pad couldn't wear down that fast, could it? Any ideas?

2. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

3. Jackman

Jackman Member