Non Indian?

Discussion in 'Gilroy & Kings Mountain Indian Motorcycles' started by dynamike 35, Mar 10, 2020.

1. dynamike 35

dynamike 35 New Member

I just bought a '10 KM Indian Vintage. It's black,single seat w/rail,windshield,but no saddlebags or passenger seat and with only 5K miles. When Polaris got KM in 2011 they also got this and 17 other running bikes with some miles on them (test mules,R&D ?).Anyway they were moved to Spirit Lake and put in storage.Then in 2017 they decided to auction them off (but only to Polaris employees).They weren't allowed to be looked at,and no information on condition,only model type.They were auctioned off with only a MCO (Not Indian),they weren't SL Indian's or KM Indian's (because KM no longer existed),so they became "special construction" and registered that way,with their non Indian vin #.One employee won 4 at auction and I have 1. It's a "Subculture Custom",model Vintage motorcycle.So it's a "Not Indian Indian".But to look at it,with all the Indian emblem's,decal's,label's you can't tell unless you look at vin #.Some might think it's a "stepchild",but I love it the same.

DoubleP and Aargow like this.
  2. thumper

thumper Gold Member
    Original 111

Got any pics? We love pics.

DoubleP and Aargow like this.
  3. Aargow

Aargow Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued. As Thumper wrote, pictures, please.

DoubleP likes this.
  4. DoubleP

DoubleP Well-Known Member

...and I'm wondering just how many and what were badged "Indian" throughout its history.

Aargow likes this.
  5. sidecarsam

sidecarsam Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

It's an Indian. When Polaris bought out KM they built a few and toyed with the idea of resuming KM's production before deciding to get their own developers to come up with their completely new version. I'm sure there are other members on here who know more about this than I do. :)

Rodd and Aargow like this.