New to the tribe!

Discussion in 'Indian RoadMaster' started by IndianMike, Aug 10, 2020.

1. IndianMike

IndianMike New Member

Just picked up my 2020 Roadmaster.....white pearl with silver tones. Gorgeous bike. Got it at the Sturgis dealership. Traded in a 2018 Harley Ultra Limited with 12,000 miles and a Stage IV upgrade. It was a rocket ship and I have nothing bad to say about it. BUT.....I always knew I would own an Indian sooner or later. After test riding a couple of demo bikes in Sturgis I had to bite the bullet! The dealership did me good.....I didn’t know anyone there and wasn’t sure how I would be treated, but I was given a great deal. I did a Stage one kit with Rush True Duals installed. Wow, who knew Indians could sound so good?

Anyway, I hope to be a regular here with plenty of questions and thoughts. From being on the Harley forums a lot, I am very aware that there are Harley lovers and Harley haters. I suspect I will encounter the same here with Indians. That’s a real shame that people have to waste so much STUPID energy on crap like that. I really am not offended or pleased when some brand gets toasted and roasted. I tell people, about to buy a bike, to ride as many brands as they can and buy the bike that “moves” them. Enjoy the hunt. And TOO BAD for the babies who just can’t stand the possibility that someone else didn’t buy their brand.

So.....I am looking forward to being on board here and learning a lot about the bike. Coming over from the Harley forums, it is quite easy (after some time) to recognize who really knows what they are talking about, who likes to jump in and hijack good threads, who loves to whine and complain, who the jerks are and who thinks they are the last word on everything. And then, there are always great folks who love to jump in and genuinely help. I am looking forward to meeting, virtually, many of you.

sorry for the long post!

4thunder, Big A, IROQUOIS and 2 others like this.
  2. Gator Mcklusky

Gator Mcklusky Silver Member

3. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Hey!,.....Welcome aboard Buddy!,.....Good to have you here,.......As for the long post?,.....Don't sweat it Bud,......I write novels sometimes too!:p:p
    Alpal,.....way down in Burtland where fast red Indian Scouts,.. were invented!!!!:eek:,....Thank you Burt:cool::cool::cool::cool:

4. BKCTPD

BKCTPD Well-Known Member

Welcome from Pittsburgh

IROQUOIS likes this.
  5. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

6. BKCTPD

BKCTPD Well-Known Member

What made you decide on Roadmaster over your Ultra?

IROQUOIS likes this.
  7. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Gold Member

IMG_20180404_182248252.jpg

Welcome from Southern Illinois.

Alpal likes this.
  8. IndianMike

IndianMike New Member

Well, my riding buddy rode nothing but Harleys all his life (over 40 years) and traded in his old bike for a 2017 Roadmaster. He and I ride a lot and I have been impressed with Polaris and their forward thinking. Harley is so far behind in so many ways. The suspension, electric windscreen, ride modes.....so much. And the bike, now with the new standard 116 motor, is much stronger than my Stage IV Ultra. The Ultra is a fabulous machine. It’s just that the Roadmaster really outshines it in every way....except for one...there are so many H-D dealers. You are never far from a H-D dealership if needed. Indian seems to be a bit slow in understanding that. I hope they will up that game.

Gator Mcklusky and IROQUOIS like this.
  9. BKCTPD

BKCTPD Well-Known Member

Thnx, enjoy it!

10. Bobby Jesus

Bobby Jesus Chainsaw God
    Original 111

96DBF65C-FA36-4C10-A4A7-5B39170D4AB6.jpeg Welcome from Miami

JayFL459, IROQUOIS and Gator Mcklusky like this.
  11. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Amazing,.....That's any paddock in Burtland,........

12. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Been Riding Harley's ( My Own ) since 1970 with a couple of slight breaks of not owning one over a 50 year period .. Will find this Forum far more friendly than the HD which has a lot of trolls that just like to stir the pot .. I don't presently own an Indian since my Chieftain was totaled and possibly never will again , but enjoy this Forum and owned 2 Indians with 50,000 total on both that figure I can still contribute now and then .. Welcome from North Florida ..

Alpal, IROQUOIS and Rodd like this.
  13. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Gold Member

I was going down my driveway one day and seen the deer out in the field. I was able to get a pic.

Alpal likes this.
  14. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Welcome from the beautiful Pacific Northwest. That must be one beautiful bike, I'm a little envious, hell no I'm a lot envious.

Alpal likes this.
  15. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Quite frankly Jay,.....You are not allowed to leave this forum,.....if you do you will be hunted down and cast back into the limelight!:eek:,......You are too good a guy to be allowed to wander!!!!!:cool::p:D:rolleyes:;),.....
    Alpal

JayFL459 likes this.
  16. TexasRain

TexasRain New Member

Welcome. I got my 2020 Roadmaster in July...I cannot express how much I love it. I've ridden my 2006 Honda ST1300 all over, but this Roadmaster is a whole different kind of riding joy. And yes, that 116 is pretty sweet.
    Glad you're here...safe riding.