New Forum Section: Indian Motorcycle Sidecars!

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle Sidecars' started by NickJ, Mar 1, 2017.

1. TexasRain

TexasRain New Member

My gosh, Will...thank you! I really appreciate all the information you shared. You could have given me a vague answer but instead, you gave me all the answers to the questions I've been wondering about.

I really really appreciate you.

IROQUOIS likes this.
  2. will

will Bronze Member
    Original 111

I’m no longer in the military, so I don’t have to give vague answers or treat someone like a mushroom.
    Hope I gave you the right answers so as to make your mind up.

IROQUOIS likes this.
  3. rodhotter

rodhotter Active Member

its unfortunate no mainstream manufacturer dont offer s decent mid priced reliable rig! bikes with full frames allow a less costly install + Triumphs new water cooled models come to mind, even a sportster would do as engines making more torque are better, water cooling helps there as well, even the scout 60 would do. bikes built for rig use need better brakes + suspension tuned for sidecar duty. special leading link forks would be great but may be cost prohibitive. Ural has all the right stuff but suffers reliability + its outdated weak engines + poor metals used can be an issue even though they are said to be getting better. in all a rig is NOT cheap unless you can buy used + or do ALL the work to build-install one!!

4. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Gold Member

I got a email from Ural. They have a sidecar rig with a receiver hitch now.
    I planted the seed in your mind now put forth your natural inovation to meet or exceed this on the Indian rig/sidecar...:cool:

Ural Weekender Special Edition — Ural Motorcycles