Lloydz tuner

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle Performance' started by IROQUOIS, Nov 26, 2019.

1. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Silver Member

#1 IROQUOIS, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  2. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Which looks a lot like the one below which IS an upgrade on the Dobeck tuner. It is more adjustable.
    Here is mine fitted, and yes, it is upside down because I didn't like the wiring sticking up in the air. It's called "The Bully". image.jpeg
    They are available from GMan Industries,.....I am more than happy with its operation,....comes with easy to understand instructions and is available for both big sister bikes and of course , Scouts etc,...
    image.jpeg
    Just google them for more info,.......
    Alpal

IROQUOIS likes this.
  3. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Silver Member

It makes sense it's upside down..... you're below the equator.....:p
    Everything is opposite.... including the riding season.

tthunder38, Baldhead_J and Alpal like this.
  4. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Further to the above, I went onto the Lyoldz site and found the Scout tuner complete with various settings. The mode settings looked familiar so I went to get the Bully settings and found that for slip on aftermarket exhaust, free breathing air intake and O2 bypassed the numbers were similar so I'm off to play some more,.......Ill be back!........ @IROQUOIS !,....... Hope I'm not high jacking your thread,,.......tell me to flake off if I am, OK?
    Alpal

IROQUOIS likes this.
  5. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Silver Member

Have at it my friend. We're all students among teacher's.
    Please share!

6. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

'Including the riding season?',........EVERY DAY IS THE RIDING SEASON DOWN HERE BUD!!!!!,......Told ya before,.......Book a plane Bud,........Need a place to stay?,......We got a spare room and @muz and Patty have a B & B,.......There,.....Job done,.....:p:p:p:p:p
    Alpal

IROQUOIS likes this.
  7. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Silver Member

You're making it hard to resist!
    Please live a long life..... hopefully I can retire and take you up on that offer.
    Maybe I can drag along some friends here on this forum...we can get a group rate....

Alpal likes this.
  8. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Ok,...I'm back and the results are like comparing apples etc, with oranges I guess as I don't have a two into one exhaust like the Bassani is, just a pair of modified Stage 1 Scout slipons.

However that aside the Bassani settings did wonders for 1st,2nd and 3rd gear hard acceleration! Wow! 100 MPH IN SECOND GEAR NO TROUBLE AT ALL and the climb continued into 3rd gear. By contrast 4th, 5th and 6th gear rate of acceleration was disappointing. A lot less boot when opening the throttle to overtake another vehicle. Previous settings had the bike at just under or just over 100 mph in no time to long at the speedo but the new settings were only getting to 85 to 90 mph as I looked down after overtaking the vehicle, time to gaze round as it were. However it has made me think by calculating what the difference between my old setting and the new one I will be able to develop a really standout 'go fast' set of numbers.
    Oh, yes, Lloydz is a Dobeck,.....if you scroll down to the video they tell you it's a Dobeck. So yeah,.......back to playing some more I guess,......
    Alpal

IROQUOIS likes this.
  9. putamayo

putamayo Well-Known Member

I have a Bassani 2into 1 So : 1st 115k's, 2nd 155k's, 3rd 190k's, 4th 2oo'ks +. Best gear for overtaking if already at 100k's is 4th. It would seem to me but I don't know gear ratios or understand them, that 4th/5th/ 6th seem closer to together. than 1/2/3. tuner is PVCX 15-17 Wellington motorcycles should have set it for SS intake Bassani 2:1 long. I also noticed that the 02 sensors are still connected.

IROQUOIS likes this.
  10. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

CORRECTION TO POST 8:
    Sorry Guys,,.....I said in post 8 that Lloydz tell you its a Dobeck,....they don't,....I was confusing the Video I was watching,.........

However I do stand by my comments and thoughts that the LLoydz is a Dobeck and the Dobeck has been upgraded and marketed by GMan Industries,......Lloydz is a Gen 3 model while the Bully is a Gen 3.5.
    Regards,
    Alpal

IROQUOIS likes this.
  11. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Silver Member

I've got the Dobeck Performance EJK. When I was looking around Lloydz it struck me how similar their version was.
    If Lloyd Greer likes it it's good enough for me.

Alpal likes this.
  12. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

I decided to have a girl look at the various Scout Dobeck settings and found one for a Scout with Stage 1 set up so have altered 'The Bully' to those settings and am off for a long ride today, heading to Wellington and the Indian dealer I reckon, about a couple hundred miles or a little more. That should be enough to gage power, fuel economy etc,.......more on that after the ride!
    Alpal

IROQUOIS likes this.
  13. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Hi all,......Back after a roughly 200 plus mile return trip to Wellington. What a day,.......In a nutshell the Scout Stage 1 settings are in a word amazing over the numbers I had placed in my GMan Bully. The fuel consumption on the first tank went from an average 51 miles per imperial gallon (US 42.5 mpg) to 60mpg (US 49.96mpg ) which I was most impressed with. It was also rather humiliating because it showed how all my playing, while leaving the Scout with heaps of power and acceleration, had lowered the fuel consumption considerably, in fact it was roughly a 20 percent drop in economy or put another way, I was burning 20 % of every tank when I didn't have to.

So, How was overtaking affected?,......not at all,......the flat acceleration in 4th, 5th and 6th from the first set of numbers I used was gone and I still had a power of punch in the first three gears. All in all I will be leaving the Stage 1 settings in the Bully for some time to confirm to myself that the settings are on the money.

I should also state where my bike is at,.......firstly my air intake is the standard Scout intake box but with the inner plastic air diversion tray (?, cant think of the right word) removed thus allowing the K & N filter to suck in all that air and direct it precisely downwards into the throttle body. It is now a very free flowing air intake. If you want more details on how I did this go to thread 'Psssst!? You Scout Guys and Girls up for some heavy breathing?" It is complete with pics and I'll answer any questions.

My exhaust is curiosity of @JayFL459 , thanks again Jay who gave me his old Stage 1 mufflers after my incident with the horse. They still have the cats in them but have had the plugs drilled out to 1.25". And lastly as stated I have fitted the GMan Bully tuner, which, as also stated is an upgraded Generation 3.5 version of the Dobeck and the Lloydz Gen 3.0 tuner. I am sure they are all fairly similar, the main difference being that on the Gen 3.0 you cant' starve the fuel as you can on the Gen 3.5. Both the GMan and Dobeck fitment notes are better than each other in different ways. The GMan fitment notes explain how to remove the fuel tank and subframe which Dobeck don't but then the Dobeck notes on what setting you need depending on your intake and exhaust are excellent. The best thing to do is to combine the lot together. I could not find any fitment notes on the LLoydz site but they must include them with the kit. If anyone wants the GMan notes, just PM me.

So there it is,......a most successful day testing. Should there be further developments I will add more.

@IROQUOIS ,.....if your bike is anywhere near mine intake and exhaust wise, try these numbers when you tune the tuner,.....
    3 6 3.5 1 6 4
    Have fun Buddy,.........
    The Ramblings of Alpal

IROQUOIS likes this.
  14. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Silver Member

My present settings are;

3.5. 4. 4. 1. 1. 6.
    That is what Dobeck recommend to start with. I was happy with the difference it made and left it alone.

Lloydz AC and Vance & Hines slip ons
    Still have cat in headers. I think I'll send the headers to American Customs to remove cat.

This is a 2016 Springfield w/TS 111

#14 IROQUOIS, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Alpal likes this.
  15. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

OK, got ya,......check the Dobeck fitment notes for that bike and see how the numbers compare to what you've got fitted,.......but then I guess you told them that in the first place, huh,.....Have you heard another big sister with cats removed? I only mention that because I felt the Scout pipes with cats out sounded 'echoey'. But wait,....thinking on the fly,......big sister cats are not in the mufflers are they,.......
    Alpal

JayFL459 likes this.