Klock Werks vs Freedom shields RM

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Riding Gear & Accessories' started by Cape Cod Steve, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Cape Cod Steve

I tried to search for this topic and couldn’t find a thread on the subject. My apologies if this is a beaten to death subject. I am new Indian owner.

I have the 2021 roadmaster limited. The OEM shield is adequate. I want a flared tinted shield. Wondering if anyone had an opinion after road testing each.

I’m 5’11”. As I said the factory shield is ok but the air is just over the top of may head. Probably not great for my wife behind me. I think the stock shield is 10”? Figuring a 10” flared shield should be a good starting point.

what’s your recommendations between the two? And size?
    I would like to be able to put it all the way down when not on the highway and enjoy the wind in my face.

-thanks

doublej likes this.
  2. muz

muz Bronze Member

I'm selling Freedom Shields down under here in new Zealand. Guys 5'10" to 6'2" are buying the 14 inch screens. They say it pushes the air over the pillion as this is the common problem with the OEM shields. One guy had a 10 inch factory the other 18 inch, both settled for the 14 inch screen.

IROQUOIS and doublej like this.
  3. doublej

doublej Silver Member
    Supporting Vendor Original 111

I use Freedom and prefer them. I tried LRS and found a mind numbing whistle...plu very long lead times.

It depends on your desired sight line (though, or over windshield). With Freedom you can go 1-2" shorter and still have the air go over you. Not sure about the passenger.

muz likes this.
  4. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

It's Klok Werks for looks and functionality. The 12" dark smoke has been my go to for two different Chieftains. Also, they give a discount to IndianRider.net members!
    20201019_173624~2.jpg

20201019_175147.jpg

doublej and IROQUOIS like this.
  5. doublej

doublej Silver Member

You know, I actually spell very well....it's just the way my fingers hit the keys "....ASDMJKL:...."

Whichever you decide on, tinted IS the way to go....

Attached Files:

6. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

Just be careful when considering "tint". I did a whole rant on this back in 2016....

[Klok Werks]
    Tint is VERY light and barely smokey. Dark Smoke is what I'd consider "tinted".
    [/Klok Werks]

doublej likes this.
  7. doublej

doublej Silver Member

Good point....why I look "over" and not "through", especially since getting the mod helmet.

Baldhead_J likes this.
  8. Largeandy

Largeandy Well-Known Member

Have owned both Freedom and Klok Werks and both good..I like Freedoms for Springfields and Road Kings....choice in sizing very good, mfg warranty very good...results while riding excellent...the whole order/delivery process at Freedom has been excellent for me.....my 2cnts

muz and doublej like this.