Just told Dunlap no longer makes E4 for the front

Discussion in 'Indian Chieftain' started by Brutus1996, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Brutus1996

Brutus1996 Active Member

Hey all,
    I have the Chieftain at the dealer today and he says may think about some new tires (11,780) as they are getting thin. Tells me that Dunlap no longer makes the E4 for the front unless I want a white wall, they still make the rear and he says that they are using Metzlers front and rear as they are the only ones that make the correct size. What gives???

2. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

My dealer uses American Elite's, but I prefer Michelin Commander II, have yet to try the new Commander III.

3. Brutus1996

Brutus1996 Active Member

Just picked up the bike from the dealer and got an estimate for two new Metzeler Crusietec out the door for $476.07.

4. doublej

doublej Bronze Member
    Supporting Vendor Original 111

Do yourself a favor and check out the Michelin's. I put the Commander II on the RM and will never go back to Dunlop (Unless they get off their ass with some breakthrough technology). The E4 was a crappy tire to me....stuck good in the mountains but horrible tread life on the heavyweight bikes.

Now Michelin has a Commander III and another model out for bagger/cruisers. I also thiink they have a decent rebate program. Might wanna have a look.- John