Jacking the Roadmaster

Discussion in 'Indian RoadMaster' started by Jackman, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Jackman

Jackman Member

On the frame on my 2019 Roadmaster the clutch cable runs right where I would place the jack to get the bike up high enough to remove the rear tire. I am really nervous about getting that cable between the jack plates and the frame and pinching the cable so hard it breaks. Are my concerns justified? Are they nonsense? For those of you who jack the bike up on a regular basis talk me off the ledge. At this point I am looking at taking the bike to stealership and have them replace the rear tire. For all I know they may pinch that cable as well.
    Thank you
    Jeff

2. Dan_Frisbie

Dan_Frisbie Well-Known Member
    Supporter Original 111

There’s a thread on modifying your jack in here under one of the maintenance forums.

3. IndySF

IndySF Active Member

I use 4 hockey pucks on the rails of my Harbor Freight motorcycle jack, position them to make contact with the engine case, strap it down to the jack once it is raised. Hell of a lot cheaper than going to the dealer.

Dagwood likes this.
  4. lichla1988

lichla1988 New Member

I find some pieces of wood boards that make my bike level to jack up. Goes between Harbor Freight motorcycle jack and bike. Last time I did this, i was able to use the bottom of the engine case. Wood also has a little give to it.

5. Jackman

Jackman Member

Thank you

6. Jackman

Jackman Member

I like this idea. I can cut a groove in the wood where the clutch cable hits the wood and still have lots of contact with the jack and the engine case.