installing heel shifter

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle Guides and How-To's' started by Jackman, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Original 111

Oh that's good!,....hadn't thought of that!:eek::)

2. Jackman

Jackman Member

Heel toe shifter done in no time. Well..after I put it on upside down and looked at it and thought, hmmmm...that doesn't look right. Oh...well no wonder. Everything went fine. I will have to get used to it. It sits different than my Harley shifter did.
    Also got my wife's adjustable foot pegs installed. Those were a must before we even test rode it. Do adjustable foot pegs fit this bike? If not then don't waste your time. Yes, Dear. They fit...let's go! Got mine from Kuryakyn. The first side was tough. But once I figured it out the other side was done in 15 minutes.
    Thanks to everyone who commented on the heel toe shifter. I appreciate all the help I can get.

JuanPoopalot likes this.
  3. JuanPoopalot

JuanPoopalot Bronze Member

Awesome - well done. I really like mine, so hopefully you will learn as well.

Is the next job to strip the engine down ? ! ? :eek: :D

Alpal likes this.
  4. Jackman

Jackman Member

Almost...you see....no. I wish I were that mechanically inclined. I have a trailer hitch coming and a friend gave me some Rhinehart mufflers. Once in get the hitch on, the wiring done, and the mufflers on I may be done for a while. Oh, getting mid rise bars put on the 18th of July. Not doing that myself. Nope! After we get back from our little 2 week road trip I will look at the hi flow intake, new headers, and a tuner. But those may have to wait a bit. i was cursed at birth. I was born good lookin not rich so I
    Well since you asked. I have ordered a supercharger...no. Just kidding. I have a trailer hitch coming and the wiring harness. Once I have the hitch on, the wiring done, and a set of Rhinehart mufflers a friend gave me on I will take a break. Down the road I will order a new header, high flow intake, and the tuner. But life being so completely unfair (insert sarcasm here) I was cursed at birth; I was born incredibly good looking but no where near rich so I must work for a living.

JuanPoopalot likes this.
  5. Jackman

Jackman Member

Sorry for the duplicate reply. I hit the wrong button and didn't think it posted.

6. JuanPoopalot

JuanPoopalot Bronze Member

Ha! All good. You were at least half lucky!! I am not good looking and dont have a job . . . (happily retired)

Sounds like loads of great mods coming along.

Enjoy!

Alpal likes this.