Indian Motorcycle Introduces Limited-Edition 2019 Roadmaster Elite

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle News' started by NickJ, Feb 26, 2019.

1. NickJ

NickJ Administrator
    Staff Member Supporter

upload_2019-2-26_11-18-49.png
    Ultra-Premium Touring Machine Offers The Ultimate Riding Experience

Minneapolis (February 26, 2019) – Indian Motorcycle, America’s first motorcycle company founded in 1901, today announced its latest ultra-premium touring motorcycle, the 2019 Roadmaster Elite. The limited-edition Roadmaster Elite pairs modern touring amenities with iconic Indian Motorcycle styling. The 2019 model also boasts many exclusive premium features including a hand painted custom-inspired design along with top of the line premium amenities.

Every Roadmaster Elite is an artistic masterpiece that features Wildfire Red Candy over Thunder Black Crystal paint with real 24-karat gold leaf badging. Each bike undergoes a meticulous paint process that takes nearly 30 hours to complete and is finished by hand.

New for 2019, the Roadmaster Elite receives an upgraded 600-watt PowerBand™ Audio Plus system. The high-powered system delivers exceptional sound and clarity from high-output fairing, trunk, and saddlebag speakers that are 50 percent louder than the stock audio system offered on the 2019 Roadmaster. The PowerBand Audio Plus system features an enhanced nine-band dynamic equalizer that auto-adjusts specific frequencies to the optimal level at different vehicle speeds to compensate for road, wind, and engine noise to deliver crystal clear sound quality in every riding condition.

Additional premium amenities unique to the Roadmaster Elite include leather passenger armrests, spacious billet aluminium rider and passenger floorboards, a premium touring console, billet aluminium pinnacle mirrors, and chrome bumpers.

“The Roadmaster Elite offers the most refined, premium touring experience for riders that demand the best of the best,” said Reid Wilson, Senior Director for Indian Motorcycle. “We’ve truly left no stone unturned, packing this bike with style and comfort features that take the touring experience to a new level.”

Along with the powerful Thunder Stroke® 111 engine, which produces 151 Nm of torque at 3000 RPM for exceptional acceleration at low RPM, the Roadmaster Elite features the latest ride-enhancing technologies available from Indian Motorcycle, including:

Selectable Ride Modes
    Three selectable ride modes, including Tour, Standard and Sport, allow the rider to adjust the bike’s throttle response to fit their riding preferences. The throttle map for each Ride Mode was designed with a specific application in mind, resulting in one motorcycle with three distinct personalities.

Rear Cylinder Deactivation
    When the Thunder Stroke 111 reaches operating temperature and the ambient temperature exceeds 15⁰ C, the rear cylinder will automatically deactivate when the bike is at a standstill, resulting in less engine heat for improved rider comfort in slow-moving or stopped traffic. The rear cylinder instantly reactivates when throttle is applied for a seamless transition to full power. The bike also features redesigned lowers that provide optimal airflow for improved comfort.

Ride Command
    The Indian Motorcycle Ride Command® system is the largest, fastest, most customisable infotainment system on two wheels. The seven-inch, glove-compatible touchscreen features turn-by-turn navigation*, customisable rider information screens, Bluetooth® compatibility, and pairs with the Indian Motorcycle Ride Command mobile app for remote accessibility to key vehicle information. Riders can also plan a ride route with up to 100 points on the Ride Command website and wirelessly transfer it to the bike via Bluetooth.

The 2019 Roadmaster Elite also comes standard with all the premium touring amenities riders expect from an Indian Roadmaster, including full LED lighting, a genuine leather two-up touring seat individually heated for rider and passenger, ABS, heated handgrips, keyless ignition, a push button power windshield, weatherproof, remote-locking saddlebags, a spacious trunk that fits two full face helmets, with over 140 litres of storage space.

Among the upgrades available for the 2019 Roadmaster Elite are many comfort and style accessories available including a mid-rise handlebar, a new colour-matched open fender and 19-inch front wheel for riders who prefer a more aggressive look.

2019 Indian Roadmaster Elite Photos

#1 NickJ, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    sidecarsam, Warlock and Da Nurse like this.
  2. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Bronze Member

Roadmaster will be my next bike!

Warlock and Da Nurse like this.
  3. TheBru

TheBru Well-Known Member

That is nice!!

Warlock likes this.
  4. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

What's the premium ?

5. tthunder38

tthunder38 Well-Known Member

MSRP is 37k with no add ons

PileOParts likes this.
  6. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

7. Johndmark

Johndmark New Member

Thank you for sharing such a piece of wonderful information. Very informative and helpful post.
    The powerful motor develops a peak torque of 150 Nm at 2900 rpm and comes mated to a 6-speed transmission. The bike is built with a lightweight and strong cast aluminum frame that good low-speed handling, better stability in the corners and highways. The Roadmaster Elite tips the scales at 433 kg which is the wet weight.

Attached Files:

PileOParts likes this.
  8. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

That there isn't a "CVO-like" trim level available from Indian continues to perplex me.

muz, Dadawada and sidecarsam like this.
  9. Dadawada

Dadawada We can all use a little more cowbell!
    Supporter

Starts at $36k plus ...

I'm sorry, but I've never been a fan of "Limited Edition" anything...cars, bikes, whatever. I would never pay a $10k plus premium for paint and a rear trunk and seat. But that's just me. I'm sure people will be lined up to get what is essentially a Chieftain with the trunk and passenger seat.

10. Dadawada

Supporter

Exactly...at least put the Stage 3 kit in it for that much.

11. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

Now this is just me, understand, and I don't cast aspersions at anyone who wants an Elite, but I'm not the kind of guy to spend an extra $5K or so to make a statement about myself. If I got a considerable amount of psychological pleasure out of the gold leaf and fenders and such, I'd go for it in a heartbeat -- but I don't. Motor rumble, whisper of drive belt, bit of tire whine when I corner, exhaust growl when I twist the throttle, wind and bugs in my face, windburn, macho satisfaction of controlling a complicated mechanical device -- that's what it's all about for me.
    Can't deny they're gorgeous, though.

sidecarsam likes this.
  12. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Some love the Bling and Whistles Myself would save the extra 10-12 grand and take a serious Road Trip ..

muz, sidecarsam and PileOParts like this.
  13. tthunder38

tthunder38 Well-Known Member

My preference was to buy the stock Chieftain and spend the money to customize it to the way I want the bike to look and perform. One of a kind vs one of two hundred.

PileOParts likes this.
  14. Warlock

Warlock This space for rent.
    Supporter

You guys are hitting me right in the feels...LOL :(:cool::p:rolleyes::)

My RME (2).jpg

Dadawada, Da Nurse and tthunder38 like this.
  15. turkeyfoot

turkeyfoot Well-Known Member

The concept of more is good reminds me of shavers and how they've continued to evolve by adding more blades for an even smoother shave. Then a guy with a new idea reaches back to your good ole daddys shaver with a single superior blade. :)
    Ive got an RM and like it. My add ons include brighter lights. The Elite is stuck with stockers and as such is in need of an upgrade.
    They also need to do something about the extended/short reach seat/bar situation. I mean to be fair. Something like configure the bike as youd do for a car youd order and not have to pay for an extra seat/bars. There is no market for stock seats or bars.
    Even though I could afford the Elite, the differences dont mean a thing to me. The first nick in the paint and your head is going to explode thinking about the 30 hrs of hand administered finish.

PileOParts likes this.
  16. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

You have a Beautiful Ride Partner .. At my Age and income thought the Chieftain Dark Horse fit my bill a lot better, as wanted enough left over to enjoy some miles on it.. If I had bought a Ride close to 40K OTD would have to invite people over to come look at it sitting in the garage .. :) .. With the Goodies I have done to the CDH still put me at least 28K into it but happy now with the Power & Looks ..

Da Nurse, Warlock and PileOParts like this.
  17. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

Mechanically bone-stock 2016 Roadmaster with the bling chosen under the $1500 free shit incentive program for leftovers (plus a little out-of-pocket): cup holder; tank pouch; back rest; pannier liners; half-cover; trunk mirror (under orders from the Executive Department); leather/canvas trunk box exterior bag; gloves for me and Executive Department. Added a Zumo and Hyperlite brake lights from another bike. I'm pretty content, though if they didn't cost so damn much I'd upgrade the headlight.

18. Warlock

Supporter

Believe me Jay, I hear ya...but this is my last bike...and I am using part of my military retirement to buy it. I am fortunate enough to have that little bit of income as an extra to my regular pay and so I was able to do it. Also, I was no where near 40K OTD. Twigg Indian made me a great deal. I was looking at a 17 Icon (a limited edition) prior to getting the email revealing the Elite and with all the same goodies the Elite has I was within a grand...so that, to me, made it a no brainer. Everyone has their own feelings on what they want and want to spend on a bike and I will never fault anyone for their choice of brand, cost, style, etc. I was just joking around with you guys.

Da Nurse likes this.
  19. Dadawada

Supporter

Warlock...I should preface my statement...if I was loaded like you...I'd buy WTF ever I wanted and enjoy the shit out of it...LOL.

Congrats on the bike!...Nice color too!

Da Nurse and Warlock like this.
  20. Warlock

Supporter

Oh, I am far from loaded...I spent 25 yrs in the military to get a little bit of retirement that is, thankfully, over and above what I make now as a civilian otherwise this never would have happened. Yesterday, Feb 28th, was the one year anniversary of getting the bike of my dreams so I am a very happy content man. I pray that everyone is able to buy whatever they want and ride the heck out of it. And I really was just yanking y'all's chains. you should hear the teasing I get from my old Gold Wing buddies. :rolleyes::eek::p:confused:

Da Nurse and Dadawada like this.