Indian Comfort Seat for Bobber

Discussion in 'Indian Scout' started by daydk1, Dec 6, 2019.

1. daydk1

daydk1 New Member

I found a dealer who has the Indian Comfort Seat for the Indian Scout Bobber that sells for $250. I have a 2019 Scout Bobber with stock suspension and stock seat. Does anyone else have the comfort seat and can you tell me if it's a big improvement from stock? Do you think it's worth $250?

ScoutBobber49 likes this.
  2. muz

muz Well-Known Member

I do not have one, but I have read the seat is a major comfort improvement, as well as the 1920 saddle seat.

ScotD and ScoutBobber49 like this.
  3. ScoutBobber49

ScoutBobber49 Well-Known Member

I'm planning on getting one for my Bobber, but the dealer still shows out of stock for the last month or so. Still waiting...

4. putamayo

putamayo Well-Known Member

A comfort seat for the standard scout would also be great. Come on Indian

ScotD and muz like this.
  5. daydk1

daydk1 New Member

Yeah, I had a hard time finding one. Just lucked up on it by calling around. Website still shows unavailable and signed up to be notified once they come back in. Going tomorrow to pick up the one at the dealer. I don't know if they have more than one or not. If they do, I'll post on here so you guys can contact them if you want one.

ScotD, Alpal and ScoutBobber49 like this.
  6. putamayo

They only make those comfort seats for the bobber.

7. muz

muz Well-Known Member

Have you tried the 1920 seat mate? I just received a second hand one from the USA, and boy oh boy, It is as I thought. The wider contoured saddle means more area for your butt. The thin foam is deceiving, as it is comfortable without the bulk of the standard or custom seats due to the contour and width of the saddle.Yet to do plenty of miles but I think it will work out fine. Now as to comfort here is the deal. Any normal type mounted seat on the Scout family sits on the frame rails, pretty much central in the bike. The suspended 1920 seat mounts onto a seat base which mounts into the 4 petrol tank mounting holes. So all that feedback your body receives from the forks and shocks is nearly eliminated as you aren't in contact with the frame. I feel the shocks and swingarm working hard out but not transferred through me, and even weirder is the front forks. Very little feedback transfer to my body. I think that the energy usually going from the forks through the frame to your body stops at you in the standard seat, as you are the big mass to absorb it. When suspended in the 1920 seat the energy continues through the frame and the motorcycle. If possible people, try out a Bobber 20 or any Scout with the 1920 seat to feel what I mean. It's been a wake up and surprise, that's for sure. Cheers, Muz

Gator Mcklusky and Alpal like this.
  8. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

I agree there Bud,......I didn't have the 1920 seat but for a while I had a Mother Road tractor seat,.....yes it was sprung but the added width certainly made life in the butt department SO MUCH BETTER!!, the ride WAS much smoother,...... I did like it a lot but it sat me up too high for my windscreen so I removed it after a short while,.....I cannot speak for the 1920 seat height wise and hey,......not everyone uses a windscreen,.....
    Alpal
    Alpal

muz likes this.
  9. putamayo

Heh Muz you might want to do this and see if you get a result.If you put a zip tie on the shock shaft you might find that you use less of the shock because your weight is not a direct impact on the frame. I have a spring seat and it absorbed 6mm of shock travel.it is a weird sensation when in a corner. I was able to release spring tension by 2 full turns with the shock stopping 2mm above bump stops.

muz likes this.
  10. putamayo

I would think the 1920 and the mother road seat to be about same height. Then again if Muz was to send me his 1920 i wouldn't mind trying that too.

muz likes this.
  11. muz

muz Well-Known Member

Haha, last time i tried that zip tie trick on the rear shocks was when I took my bike to KSS for the shocks check up. Put the ties on at home and before I got into New Plymouth hit this mother of a pothole. Stopped up ahead and had to pick out the zip tie from the rubber stop. Not again. Although now I would consider it as my suspension is running pretty sweet. Did some more rebound tuning last ride out to Whangamomona, and reckon I am at the performance and comfort peak for my Scout 60. That was until I put on the 1920 seat and thinking I can tweak a wee bit more from different tyres. I will start a new thread on tyres, be good to get your fullas opinions.

12. putamayo

I was at the wellington dealer this week and I got compliments on my suspension. Excellent was the word used.

muz likes this.
  13. Rodd

Rodd Well-Known Member

@muz I will be interested to hear your feedback on the 1920 after a long ride

Alpal and muz like this.
  14. Rodd

Rodd Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly you fitted Hagon shocks? How would you rate them for 2 up riding?

Alpal likes this.
  15. putamayo

As I am single I have no idea. For more info on that the NZ supplier is Eurobike in New Plymouth.
    They come with preload set for a riders weight range 75-100kg.

Rodd likes this.
  16. Gator Mcklusky

Gator Mcklusky Silver Member

What he said^^^^
    That '20 seat is much more comfortable.

muz likes this.
  17. muz

muz Well-Known Member

I think you should pull the plug and try the Nitrons with a spring rated for you and Bev. 24 click rebound adjustment which having is a necessity. I have dialled my Fox shocks right in now and amazingly am only one click firmer than when Robert Taylor at KSS did a bounce test on the bike. Or if the Hagons come set to your weight. I don't think you will be disapointed at all. Biggest problem for you is finding a good mid way between riding solo or two up.

18. Rodd

Rodd Well-Known Member

I'm not actually looking for a mid point because I actually reset the preload and rebound damping every time I switch between solo and 2 up, simply because it makes for a better ride and better stability in the corners. Obviously that means that quick adjustment is high on my list and most shocks don't offer that. The DS Ikon is close but needs a slightly heavier weight spring, which they don't make.

19. muz

muz Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Mr Google may help with the search. If I come across something I will let you know.

Rodd likes this.
  20. ScoutBobber49

ScoutBobber49 Well-Known Member

FYI
    Well, my dealer finally showed the seat was available, so I just ordered mine today.

Hopefully the weather will warm up a bit by the time it comes in, so I can try it out soon.