Indian Bike Week & Guinness 3500 Record

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle Events' started by Quinn_the_Eskimo, Oct 12, 2020.

1. geewago

geewago Well-Known Member

Anybody in their right mind should have known you couldn't recruit 3500 Indian bikes to come to Minnesota. Nothing against Minnesota and certainly nothing against Indian. But Lord there's just not enough Indians in the USA to expect that many to show up. There's a poster on the other forum who is there and he mentioned yesterday that he was enjoying riding with the guys that were there, meeting a new friend or two etc. But he said there were less than a 100 there and that some of the events had been canceled such as the Band that was scheduled to perform. He said Art was pretty down about the turnout and the cancellations.

rickkcir and Gator Mcklusky like this.
  2. rickkcir

rickkcir Well-Known Member

'pretty down' ....... exposed and playing 'woe is me'? :) hahaha..

Back in 2018 I was at the HD guinnees attempt .... we had about 2500 bikes ... it was crazy ... hot .. humid.. bikes everywhere.. and a gaggle ... we didn't make it. The next year, they learned... and brought in 3400 + .. .hence the record. Think about how many HDs (right, wrong good or bad) .. are out there.. and it took a LOT to get that many bikes to show up. I did simply because it was sixty miles from my home.

Welch is smoking some good stuff to even brag he could have done that. Rob Gregory had a year, and a lot of folks pushing it ....to get a lil over 700 bikes... when the smoke cleared on the 2nd attempt we were down to that 651. He had to do a CRAZY amount of paperwork to validate it... Welch has done NONE of that paperwork... which tells me the guinneess ride tomorrow is a fake ... farce .. scam. Even if a 1000 bikes showed up ... he hasn't done the prework ... why? Because he always knew .. he'd never have 651 there .. much less a 1000... or 3500

Have to admit..... I'm paying attention .... just to 'count the bikes tomorrow and laugh .. and see how many people realize what just happened.... that he was full of BS? That in some ways .. he stole their money with all the false promises?

3. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Gold Member

Any word on numbers?

4. Bobby Jesus

Bobby Jesus Chainsaw God
    Original 111

I saw somewhere that there were like 310 bikes

5. JuanPoopalot

JuanPoopalot Bronze Member

That would make it a disappointing ... but expected ... outcome.

At least that's my reading from this novel drama!!

IROQUOIS and Bobby Jesus like this.
  6. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

Not for nothing, but 310 is a great number for any gathering. It doesn't register at all on the scale for World Records nor does it justify the "nonsense". But a buncha folks, nonetheless.

JuanPoopalot, IROQUOIS and doublej like this.
  7. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Gold Member

Pulled from @rickkcir blog;

POST EVENT UPDATE: Apparently the celebs got paid and showed up. Few hundred bikes showed up (211?). No Custom bike Show. No Music. Barely any vendors. No Motorcycle(s) given away. No records broken. Lot of newbies with no long term history with the brand or the history of this BS. Let the next phase of the BS begin .... Hey, just lower the lower the bar and do something like ... Most female riders on an Indian or something like that, or most sheep in a side car .... pick whatever is easiest to achieve? .. enjoy .. LMAO.

geewago, rickkcir and Bobby Jesus like this.
  8. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

Well, someone put some money into this. Appearance fees aren't the cheapest. But it sounds like money was saved by not having any entertainment.

IROQUOIS likes this.
  9. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Gold Member

In the meantime... check out his Blog.
    I find it to be interesting reads.

RickkciR

rickkcir likes this.
  10. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

To each their own.

11. doublej

doublej Silver Member
    Supporting Vendor Original 111

Good Lord I'm not taking the time to read that!

I know three people that went to this event on their way home from Sturgis (like almost 4,000 mile three week trip!!)(Yes, I'm jealous!). They reported that it was a fun event and are glad they participated. Not sure who, or if any have any "dogs in the fight"....

CuChulain and Baldhead_J like this.
  12. rickkcir

Of course they had a good time... put 50 of us together and it's all but guaranteed. But 211 bikes was far from what was literally .. promised. A lot was ... promised. How about everyone here send me $100.00, I'll promise the world.. when the smoke clears we'll all (50 or 5,000 .. whomever falls for it) have a blast and I'll make a shit load of money. Funny part is ... when no nobody wonders what happens to all the broken promises.. but they get a picture with a few guys that ride HDs.. or pretend to ride HDs .. or don't ride at all .. and they are ecstatic. This is like a WIN WIN! :)

So ... you all send me your money .. trust me :)

Baldhead_J, IROQUOIS and Bobby Jesus like this.
  13. rickkcir

I've backed off it .. hopefully this is all done. What most don't realize or know, is the crazy stuff that prompted me to write/report whatever one wants to call it , on the crap that has gone on over the last five years or so .... also understand, 90% of whats in that blog has nothing to do with the event... it's mind numbing and brutal to read ... just a repository of stuff sometimes. BUT .. intermingled in there are a few posts that call someone out for exactly what they are .. what it is

Baldhead_J, Bobby Jesus and IROQUOIS like this.