Indian Bike Week & Guinness 3500 Record

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle Events' started by Quinn_the_Eskimo, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Quinn_the_Eskimo

Quinn_the_Eskimo Well-Known Member

#1 Quinn_the_Eskimo, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  2. geewago

geewago Well-Known Member

Have my doubts about that one. The first one they had left several folks slightly unhappy.

IROQUOIS likes this.
  3. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Not owning an Indian at this time looks doubtful for me ..

IROQUOIS likes this.
  4. Quinn_the_Eskimo

Do tell? Can you give details, please?

5. geewago

Well in the first place there is nobody in the world with the integrity and influence to host such an event more than Rob Gregory of Gregory Polaris in Little Rock. And he has already done that and broke the world record for the most Indian bikes in a ride. I was there and it was a huge success with a little over 700 bikes showing up. For someone else to say (without that reputation) and without having a more central location that they will pull in 3500 bikes to crush that record just two years later is dreaming pretty big. There's probably 30 times more Harleys on the road right now than Indians. To beat Harleys record will take some kind of massive recruiting campaign.

I wish/hope that Rickkcir would weigh in here and give his first hand knowledge on this event. He does post on this forum occasionally but it is very rare. He posts mainly on Facebook pages related to Indain riders and on IIRA forums. He and a few others I know were there for the first one that this guy put on. Based on what I've heard him say about it I would seriously doubt that he will attend this one. Suffice it to say there were some fishy things that went on with the money that was donated. Sorry but I'm too skeptical to even entertain the thought of attending the event.

On the other hand I am not opposed to such happening. Power to them if they are able to pull such a pipe dream off. Believe me, recruiting 3500 Indian bikers to come all the way up to Minnesota will be a Herculean task.

#5 geewago, Oct 13, 2020
    IROQUOIS likes this.
  6. Quinn_the_Eskimo

Thanks @geewago - I have my reservations as well. 3500 is a VERY TALL order, and, MN is way, way from high population areas that would have more bikes. But for me, as I stated, it would be on my way back from Sturgis. Also, my sister-in-law lives just 20 miles from the event - i.e. free place to stay. So . . . . still just thinking about it.

Indian Bike Week likes this.
  7. Dan_Frisbie

Dan_Frisbie Well-Known Member
    Supporter Original 111

Google Art Welch.
    He runs this event.

IROQUOIS likes this.
  8. geewago

That's a great suggestion. I didn't really want to take it that far but I'm glad you did. In fact if you will google Art Welch not only will you find some things about him (and I'll make no comment good or bad) but there is also a lengthy blog there by Rickkcir whom I know fairly well and who I mentioned in my answer. You read that and if you don't smell a rat....well..ok.

IROQUOIS, Dan_Frisbie and Baldhead_J like this.
  9. doublej

doublej Bronze Member
    Supporting Vendor Original 111

I have heard some of the same things. Thought that guy used to own a dealership....very very sketchy stuff reported...."lifetime warranty" to push product sales knowing full and well he was going to sell or go bankrupt.....?

@Quinn_the_Eskimo Tammy has some info too I think.....

10. Bobby Jesus

Bobby Jesus Chainsaw God
    Original 111

This dude is a bit sketchy.

IROQUOIS and Indian Bike Week like this.
  11. Quinn_the_Eskimo

Thanks guys. I Googled him and did not find what @geewago mentioned, nor the blog post by @rickkcir . Apparently he was, at one time, a co-owner of Twin Cities Indian. I'm hoping @rickkcir can post here on his opinions.

As it is, for me, the location is a direct stop over point for me on the way back from Sturgis. No hotel costs for me (would stay at sister-in-law's residence). So the financial committment for me would be minimal. Still trying to find data on Welch Charities, Inc. and reviews of the Indian Bike Week.

#11 Quinn_the_Eskimo, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  12. doublej

doublej Bronze Member
    Supporting Vendor Original 111

If this COVID shit settles down I would LOVE to plan a trip (ride) to Sturgis 2021!

Indian Bike Week and Bobby Jesus like this.
  13. geewago

Try "Art Welch Indian Motorcycles". Should be a whole page come up.

IROQUOIS and Bobby Jesus like this.
  14. Bobby Jesus

Bobby Jesus Chainsaw God
    Original 111

That’s how I found it. Gotta type in Indian motorcycle

IROQUOIS likes this.
  15. Papa Lar

Papa Lar Bronze Member
    Supporter

I was at the Record Ride in Hot Springs last year. It was a lot of fun and very transparent as far as where the donations went.. But this one I will leave for others to enjoy. Too much bad info floating around about it.

16. Quinn_the_Eskimo

I've not seen any bad info "floating" around about it. Googled again (Art Welch Indian Motorcycles) and only found the same results as before.

Here is the URL reporting the revenue/donations of the past.
    REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!!!! Start... - Indian Bike Week | Facebook
    Everything seems up front and transparent to me. Charity events are very hard to pull off - especially if honoree guests, etc., are invited. These folks don't show up for nothing, there is always an expensive fee. Plus, city and park permits, LEO overtime, etc.

The only "negative" - and I don't see it as a negative - is Art Welch's ownership disagreement within Twin City Indian dealership. Shoot, that's just normal business life cycle, no wrong doing, criminal acts, etc.

So unless some facts show up, I tend to give benefit of the doubt, I still plan to attend.

doublej, Indian Bike Week and Alpal like this.
  17. Darklock

Darklock Well-Known Member

18. Papa Lar

Papa Lar Bronze Member
    Supporter

Way to much drama for me. Lots of smoke. Must be a fire there somewhere.

IROQUOIS likes this.
  19. geewago

I'm almost sorry I even weighed in on this. But Quinn asked me to explain why I had my apprehensions about it. I appreciate Darklock posting the info from Rick. I'm through commenting. I will not go to this event. And I'd bet all 8 of the farms I own that there will not be anywhere close to 3500 Indian bikes there. Yours truly, Geewago.

#19 geewago, Oct 16, 2020
    Baldhead_J, Papa Lar and IROQUOIS like this.
  20. Indian Bike Week

Indian Bike Week New Member

I will be responding later on today to many of the questions. The reason Tamara Smith and Rick Lossner haven't weighed in here publicly is because Rick knows if he responds, he puts himself back into the statute of limitations. Tamara however already put herself back in, by a recent comment she put out. There is a course of legal action that will be taken against Tamara.. neither Tamara nor Rick have been able to prove any allegations. Its all been speculation. They also took information from a source who got upset that I did my own investigation with. Someone who used to be a chief of police who was forced to retire due to extreme unethical practices. My guess is Rick already did his own investigation on him and decided to back off on posting anything further due to defamatory and slanderous comments and accusations. Both individuals are without merit or proof. I have much of this information recorded and legally documented. At this point I am no longer concerned about what speculative opinions.. I am only at this point, collecting any and all information. I appreciate whoever started this post. I now how more collective material. I will be throwing a few bones in your direction later on. It will leave you all scratching your heads. Will be responding soon to your questions and comments on here. Stay tuned.