Highway Bar Reccomendations?

Discussion in 'Indian Scout' started by Mr. Chumley, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Mr. Chumley

Mr. Chumley New Member

I'd like to add some highway bars to my 2020 Scout. The OEM's are expensive but I assume higher quality. I've seen the cheeper ones on eBay but not sure if they would hold up if the bike went down at low speeds. Can anyone speak to the quality of those? Still trying to decide if I like the look of the Dean Speed bars.

2. 65Cabriolet

65Cabriolet New Member

I realize this thread is a few days old, but I'm posting for future viewers. The subject of whether or not these bars help or hinder is not really up for discussion as far as I'm concerned; if you want them get them. Here are a few things to notice about bars. On my wife's scout (willow green and cream) look at the bends in the bars, notice there is no distortion in the size of the pipe used; also look at the welds, they should be smooth without any pits or burrs. Both of these bikes have aftermarket bars from Amazon on them and the quality is as good as the Indian ones, but at less than half the price. Be warned though, not all you see on Amazon are the same quality... if they don't look right SEND THEM BACK. The black bars on my 100th cost me about $120, the chrome ones a little more (2020 prices).
    20210102_123514.jpg

4thunder likes this.
  3. Mr. Chumley

Mr. Chumley New Member

Good to know. I haven’t put highway bars on mine yet, I had a couple other things to add. I’ll be looking to add some soon.