Equal pay for women

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IROQUOIS, Jul 10, 2019.

1. IROQUOIS

IROQUOIS Silver Member

The US Soccer Team won the World Cup in soccer. Congratulations to those gals. You represented the country well.
    They want equal pay.....same pay as the US Men's Soccer Team. I agree..... since the men failed to win the Men's World Cup the men should be paid the same as the women.....:cool:. :eek:
    Just yanking string's folks.... learn to laugh

Aargow, Gina, Papa Lar and 4 others like this.
  2. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

I agree with you Buddy,.....the New Zealand womens teams on the world stage have in recent times done far better than the men and I too believe they should be paid a respectable amount for all their efforts. And yes,....I have learnt to laugh,....now I'm suing you!:mad::mad::mad:,....My jaw hurts!!!:mad::mad::confused::confused::(:(
    Alpal

JayFL459 and IROQUOIS like this.
  3. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Other than this picture .. Proud of the USA's Win for the Women .. Think my Avatar Reflects my Respect for the Flag ..

National Anthem.jpg

Gator Mcklusky likes this.
  4. Dan_Frisbie

Dan_Frisbie Well-Known Member
    Supporter Original 111

What about the other 100 or so genders and are there any on the “women’s” soccer team?
    The public determines the gate revenue, which determines the profit, which determines the pay...

TheBru, Aargow and JayFL459 like this.
  5. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Have a question @JayFL459 ,.......Why is she kneeling?,.... Do you know?
    Alpal

6. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Simply Put Disrespect for Our Commander in Chief .. People are entitled to their opinions but I believe in Standing in Respect for Our National Anthem .. Unless Disabled and unable to do so , and have even seen some insist on help to Stand for it ..

7. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

It's question night tonight @Dan_Frisbie ,.......so one for you too,......100 genders?,....As a non American I may be missing the point on that one,....And then TV rights,......They too would pull in dollars for the players too Yeah?,.....A small percentage maybe?,....Just wondering,....
    Alpal

8. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Ok,....Got ya,.....and I agree,....always show respect for the Flag,.....even if a person has a complaint or grudge,.....there are correct channel for those to be sorted,....
    Alpal

9. thumper

thumper Gold Member
    Original 111

Can’t answer for him but assume he’s referring to the fact you can identify as whatever you want here in the US. You think you’re a woman? Then you’re a woman. Think you’re a man? Then you’re a man. Think you’re a goat? Fine, you’re a goat. If you think you’re a sheep it’s best to stay out of Montana though.

Gator Mcklusky, Big A, xrays and 5 others like this.
  10. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

Equal pay for equal work, yes -- but in sports, "work" is generating the gate, and women's and men's soccer gates may be very different -- I don't have any idea. But I think economic realities should govern I sports. I suspect this year the gals out-gated the men. I don't follow soccer, but I've been very aware of the women's progress without trying to be and the men's season passed (is passing?) without my being aware of it at all.

Gator Mcklusky, BigDawg and xrays like this.
  11. Papa Lar

Papa Lar Well-Known Member
    Supporter

I'm proud and thankful of the men and women in uniform who fight for the right of the ass-hat on her knee to be an ass-hat.

Big A, Aargow, Alpal and 1 other person like this.
  12. PileOParts

PileOParts Silver Member

Every one of those "ass-hats" ought to be forced to spend a year in Russia. That failed quarterback with the tumbleweed for hair shouldn't be allowed to return.

Hugh Jorgan, Gator Mcklusky and Big A like this.
  13. Gina

Gina Bronze Member
    Original 111

Okay as a women (nothing to do with sports) I have had this talk with serval people. I work in a male dominated field. I make a pretty good income and I am also paid more then men in my field. Not because of a degree, not because I cry because of the jokes, slang and cursing that the men and myself use. I make more money because I work hard! I will go the extra mile to make myself more important then the other guy, I will learn and endure I will thrive and survive.

Now as someone who does not watch any sport I couldn't care less it is a game it has no baring on my life or situation at all. If all sports dropped off the face of the earth I would not know or care.

And as those people take a Knee to protest I feel they have a right to do so BUT Why the hell are they protesting a country that pays them to play a child's game for a living? I mean F*@% someone pay me to ride a motorcycle and I will be one happy girl. ( A girl that identifies as a rich bitch but check book says different)

14. Papa Lar

Supporter

The question that has no reasonable answer. I think it might be her/his parents fault. But then again I have a son who has developed strange beliefs that I take no responsibility for. Who knows.

Gina likes this.
  15. Gina

Gina Bronze Member
    Original 111

My step daughter I love to, but think of some of her stance as naive as a child's who has never stepped foot into the real world.

sidecarsam and Papa Lar like this.
  16. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Will I?,.....Won't I?,.....Will I?,.....Won't I?,......Naaaa,........I'm saying nothing on that one!:p

17. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

I did initially think She was showing respect but in a different way,......when you consider in some cultures that kneeling in front of your superiors is a form of servitude ,.......

18. CuChulain

CuChulain Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Would kind of defeat the whole idea of being a free country wouldn't it? And therefore a damn good reason to protest?

Warlock likes this.
  19. Papa Lar

Supporter

Here is about all the back story you need:
    "As far back as last May, Rapinoe made it clear that she would never put her hand over her heart and sing during the national anthem again because of President Donald Trump.

“I’ll probably never put my hand over my heart. I’ll probably never sing the national anthem again,” Rapinoe said adding she views herself as “a walking protest when it comes to the Trump administration,” because of “everything I stand for.”"

Big A likes this.
  20. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

I would have thought she was placing her hand over her heart for the Office, not the man because Presidents come and go but the Office remains,.....