Electrical.

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle Tech Questions & Answers' started by princeshoko1, Oct 8, 2020.

1. princeshoko1

princeshoko1 New Member

So on an Indian Scout Sixty, What is the spare electrical watts that I can throw added stuff onto?

Looking at heated jacket/pants/gloves for the upcoming winter.

2. geewago

geewago Well-Known Member

Mount a cigarette lighter plug in and wire it directly to your battery. You could run a hair dryer if you wanted.

3. princeshoko1

princeshoko1 New Member

was going to just wire one 12v plug for some heated gear and run it off one plug attached to battery. Think my total would be about 135watts of gear (11.4amps)
    Just dont want to over do it if it can't handle it. Not much of an electrical guy.

4. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Think you would be fine as long as ensure you don't plug your gear in until after it's started and warmed up a bit before taking off ..

Rodd and IROQUOIS like this.
  5. Rodd

Rodd Bronze Member

Yes plugged direct to the battery works fine but does carry the risk of a flat battery if something is left plugged in without the bike running. A safer option is to connect that plug to the battery through a relay which is turned on and off by the ignition switch. Not sure about your sixty but my scout has a spare switched wire taped to the wiring loom behind the battery which can be used to control the relay. Also a good idea to put a fuse into any new circuit coming off the battery.

Baldhead_J and JayFL459 like this.