Dynojet & Challenger top speed limit.

Discussion in 'Indian Challenger' started by RPM, Jun 26, 2020.

1. RPM

RPM Active Member

Anybody know when Dynojet will have a tuner for the Challenger?
    Especially for the 180 km limit.

2. Tombell

Tombell New Member

I would like to know that too. That must be why they call in Limited. Its limited to 112 mph.

3. Grayrat

Grayrat Member

U fortunately, Dynojet is working on near completion of a Power Commander 5 which only fools the ECM for air/fuel within the parameters of the stock narrow band O2 sensors. There will be nothing affecting the speed limiter, nor the actual tune. I think this is a quick fix for those who are deleting their CAT with a midpipe or a Bassani full exhaust. Hopefully, someone at Sturgis will have something to show off. Rumor has it that Dynojet got a big fine for offering some of their devices, like wide band auto tune, and cracking the code with a Power Vision 3 is a long way off, if it even makes it to market. Shame. All we Challenger owners really need is the speed limiter bypass. Stock or stage 1 power already out performs the stock speed limiter.

4. RPM

RPM Active Member

Grayrat, do you have inside info about only Power Commander 5?

Yesterday I got this from an associate of Dynojet
    "Dynojet is very active getting a unit that will work with the Challenger. They have reversed engineered the ECU and now it is just a matter of getting the hardware to support the flash. It is a totally different ECU then the current ones. It is also a brand new never used before on any bike or car ECU, so it has been a challenge for Dynojet. It will be sooner then later though!"

I hope the above statement is not for the Power Commander 5....but for a Challenger Power Vision. (wishfull thinking)

5. Grayrat

Grayrat Member

Unfoortunately, yes. I live within proximity of Dynojet. I just had one of my bikes tuned there 3 weeks ago. I have been asking about the PV3 for the Challenger since I got mine last year. They have a base Challenger in their shop. They told me on multiple occasions that they cannot crack the ECM so they decided to use the Power Commander 5 as a temp fix for all those guys removing the cat already.TAB has a mid pipe, and so does a other manufacturer, and Bassani has a full system. The PV5 will not do what needs to be do to maximize performance on the Challenger but will temporarily suffice. I'm pretty sure all they needed to do was to create a bike specific plug. They told me a 3rd party developed the tunes for stock, stage 1, and the various de-cat options. I'm guessing it is Gregory Polaris, TAB or ??? I know, it sucks. I want the speed limiter gone too.

6. Grayrat

Grayrat Member

7. Grayrat

Grayrat Member

P.S. - please don't bug Pat a out it. I have already been driving them crazy about it. My guess is to stay in contact with TAB performance, as I think they have been pushing this and will get them first.

8. putamayo

putamayo Well-Known Member

Did I read somewhere that Indian were going to lock all ecu's on all models.
    I guess this is so that they can have there Indian upgrade ecu's only available from Indian
    Just the same as Harley do by selling bikes that need new seats headlights etc
    They see from all the forums utube and all exhaust sellers that there is a big market here they are currently not tapin.

9. Grayrat

Grayrat Member

If they do, they will have to stick to the EPA fuel ratios, which is not horrible. But I doubt if there will be a top speed limit remover. Harley has their own tuner once again, like they had back 20 years ago in the "race tuner" only back then there were no limiters. The new ones from Harley are good but not great. They comply with big brother.