Capt Itch Heat Shield

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle Member Reviews & Impressions' started by Deadmike, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Deadmike

Deadmike Member

I'm sure this is posted somewhere else, in this forum, but if you haven't tried or even heard of this product, you need to. I received my order just days after I placed it, which was a pleasant surprise. I went to do the install and ran into a problem. I placed it where it needed to be, it's pretty self explanatory, but the seat would not fully go back into place. I decided to leave it and come back to it later, when I had more time. Upon my return, it seems the heat shield had time to conform to it's placement and with a little pressure applied to the front of the seat, it went fully into place. So, give it a little time and pressure and the leather will conform properly. The heat shield absolutely deflects the heat, and looks awesome to boot. If you're a purist and think that you should just accept the heat, sorry, but I live in southern Arizona and I'm not looking to add any more heat to the summer temps. The great thing is that it can be easily removed in the winter, when the heat would be welcome. All in all, it was well worth the price ($170.00 all in)

Attached Files:

Gina, Alpal and thumper like this.
  2. thumper

thumper Gold Member
    Original 111

I like mine so much that I cut it up so I can use it with my spring tractor seat. I guess I’ll need to buy another one if I ever decide to go back to the stock seat. image.jpg

3. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Great people Captain Itch and his lady!,.......They made me two Scout front fender mud-flaps and few years back. They designed them from the ground up and they do the greatest job protecting the Scout radiator from rocks and stones, not to mention mud and slush. They are held on with industrial strength velcro and two button domes,....I got two thinking to sell one but glad I didn't because I lost the first one after my horse incident. The first one was on two years before the accident and never moved,......The second one has been on for two years and 20,000 miles now and is as solid as the day I fitted it,.......So yeah,......Captain Itch and their gear are top notch,.. @Deadmike ,........top stuff from top people,....
    Alpal

4. JayFL459

JayFL459 Silver Member
    Original 111

Can't beat Larry and Isobel .. Met them close to 10 Years ago in Maggie Valley .. Top Quality Leather Products ..

thumper and Alpal like this.