Boot suggestions

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Riding Gear & Accessories' started by N. Cognito, Jul 10, 2018.

1. matfre

matfre Well-Known Member

I have had very good experience with TCX boots. I currently wear TCX Fuel WP Boots - RevZilla. All the boots I have worn from them have been really high quality. I like these current ones because of their ability to be resoled.

IROQUOIS likes this.
  2. Gas Gas

Gas Gas New Member

I was so glad for the quality and a feel of The Ranger boot from Milwaukee Motorcycle Clothing Company. Its inexpensive boot, when on sale $39. Regular $120. 8" tall, so choose wisely, depending on the position of your foot on the pegs/floor boards. May be too tall if you ride with floor boards and front foot position.
    [​IMG]

When you ride in those boots, you feel SUPERB grip of the tarmac, good ankle support, easy in and out using the side zip, no need to tie laces. Walking is not bad at all, and I rode in those boots in over 95 Fahrenheit, without the overheating. Size 10 fits me well, ok, a little loose, but I wear 9-1/2 regular shoes.

I was trying to get a pair of 5.11 EVO 8" CST BOOT, Composite Safety Toe for the summer riding. But they are so expensive, $180 and my local 5.11 store doesnt carry CST, just a regular EVO boot - not a composite safety toe for $125. Thats still too much.

[​IMG]

On a hot day I would use cheap Sportsman Guide Blackrock Men's Side Zip Jungle Boots. They are nice to wear for really hot weather, but they do not provide sufficient ankle support for motorcycle riding. I thought they were priced OK for just $31, but when compared to above depicted Milwaukee Ranger, they are joke.
    [​IMG]
    I mean they are ok for a picnic or target shooting practice, but not for a motorcycle. Tan are holding ok for a last few years, but black I was wearing on a bike only, and the heel shows sign of wear, while I didnt walk in them more than a mile altogether.

Sorry this item is not available any more, but I would recommend them for clod and rainy weather: Sedici Avventura Boots. They were sold as Bilt as well.
    So good boot, so much protection.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wish I ordered on time for this summer is Gasolina Typhoon boots. Its a custom boot so production and delivery takes a 6-8 weeks.
    [​IMG]

3. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

I am not even going to mention how much my Stylmartins were here in BUrtland,.....You would all die laughing,......(but then I could steal your boots!!:cool::p:D)
    Alpal

4. ndncowboy

ndncowboy Bronze Member
    Original 111

Between Wichita Falls and Fort Worth Texas
    I have a pair of the Gasolina boots. They are the only kind I can get into with a ankle that is fused or may as well be since I have zero flex with an artificial ankle. I might be able to get into a side zip but doubt it. Would depend on how far the sides can spread out.

5. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

I now prefer lace-up bike and work boots with zips,....They just seem that much more convenient,.....
    Alpal