Bluetooth Audio PIN Number

Discussion in 'Indian Chief Vintage' started by oldrodder, Sep 23, 2017.

1. oldrodder

oldrodder New Member

Just bought a 1 owner 2015 Chief Vintage The bike came with the Indian "Bluetooth" audio system. Did NOT come with the Owner's manual. I can't pair my phone to the audio system without the PIN. Antone know what the factory PIN is? It's supposed to be on the cable attached to the speaker with the on/off switch but I can't see it.
    Thanks for your help,
    Mike

2. Sturgis 75th

Sturgis 75th Moderator
    Staff Member Supporter Original 111

Usually the pin is 0000 for pairing

Roadie likes this.
  3. Basshole

Basshole Well-Known Member
    Original 111

Try contacting the original selling dealership if the above solution doesn't work.

4. oldrodder

oldrodder New Member

I tried 0000 and 1234 with no luck. Apparently Indian use a 6 digit code for their Bluetooth Audio. I will search some more and contact the selling dealer.
    Thanks for all your help!
    Mike

5. doublej

doublej Bronze Member
    Supporting Vendor Original 111

It is a 6 digit code.

You will need to pull the headlight drezel. If I remember correctly, the code is written on the connector cable for the Bluetooth system.

I bought our Vintage with 400 miles on it and I had to remove our assembly to get the code. It is now written down in our owners manual. It's kind of a PITA to remove the first time...until you get used to the job. A ball tipped 4mm long hex key is your best friend. Good luck! - john

6. oldrodder

oldrodder New Member

I think I will try getting into the headlight bezel and trace the wiring from there. Thanks for the advice, John.

7. SkipII

SkipII Well-Known Member

This is an old thread, but just want to affirm that the PIN IS on the cable within the headlight housing, but you may not need to take off the nacelle. Just fish around in there with your fingers and a flashlight. The cable splits to go to each speaker. The PIN is on a white tab wrapped around the cable but sticks out flat so fairly easy to read.

8. oldrodder

oldrodder New Member

I decided to use the thether to connect my phone to the speakers. Thanks for the help!
    Mike

Warlock likes this.
  9. Earman67

Earman67 Member
    Original 111

Hey guys wondering if you can give me a review of your Bluetooth speakers on my last bike which was a Road King I had saddlebag speakers In rear and front speakers on the engine bars
    I know it’s probably no comparison but wondering if it’s even worth putting on my recently purchased preowned 2015 vintage. Thanks in advance also if you pictures would be great too.. ride safe