Big #1 Indian Great American Summer Cookout Jun 23rd

Discussion in 'Southeast Indian Riders' started by CuChulain, Jun 20, 2018.

1. CuChulain

CuChulain Well-Known Member

I plan on being at Big #1 Motorsports (Birmingham, AL) Saturday June 23rd to have my 15K service done and to get Liath Macha new shoes. They just happen to be having a Indian Cookout that day. If you happen to be there and you see a young fit handsome dude wondering around the store, say hi, then ask him if he's seen an long haired, bearded, fugly old dude around. If so, come say hi to me as well.

2. Gator Mcklusky

Gator Mcklusky Silver Member

I thought I'd be at Twigg's this weekend too, but then I checked the weather. I don't think they'll be cooking much outside this weekend:rage:

3. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

I'm going to Poland that day

4. Gator Mcklusky

Gator Mcklusky Silver Member

You mean they're having the Great American Cookout too?:D

5. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

Just hosting one.

RussT64, CuChulain, Da Nurse and 2 others like this.
  6. Warlock

Warlock This space for rent.
    Supporter

Please tell Lech Walesa I said Hi!

RussT64, Gator Mcklusky and Da Nurse like this.
  7. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

Pretty cool museum about Lech in Warsaw. Interesting that he wasn't a very good political leader.

RussT64, Gator Mcklusky and Da Nurse like this.
  8. CuChulain

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

9. CuChulain

The bottom dropped out right as I was getting into Birmingham. Rode through it though so that A.J. and the guys could get her done that day and not have to make an overnighter of it.

Met a number of members of the local IMRG there. Very cool and fun people, they'll all be heading to the Pow Wow II in NC next week, looking forward to it even more now. Even though the dealer IMRG is 98 miles from my house, I may rejoin the IMRG anyway. Even if I only get to make a ride or two all year with these fun folks I think it will be worth it. Throw in the sweet discounts that Big #1 gives to IMRG members and it becomes a no brainer.

Also met a guy and his lovely wife who had been looking at a beautiful black Classic Roadmaster while I was there. I think I knew before he did that he was going to be signing papers that day. Of course I have the advantage of owning one. When he got back from his test ride with that big ass grin on his face we all know about, it was clear we both knew then he was going to be signing some papers. I briefly mentioned the PVCX, decatting etc. and told him to come here for all the info he could want on their new baby. I don't have any IndianRider.net cards, but gave him one of the stickers I keep in my wallet for tagging opportunities. So hopefully we'll be seeing his and her post in the new members section soon.

Oh, the cookout was called off due to the potential of rain all day. But meeting good people still makes something as mundane as a bike service a very enjoyable day.

sidecarsam, tthunder38 and Da Nurse like this.
  10. doublej

doublej Bronze Member
    Supporting Vendor Original 111

@CuChulain , you will meet a bunch of VERY decent people at the Pow Wow next week! I got a few miles under my belt, and there IS something different and good about 99% of the Indian riders I've met so far!! Look forward to meeting you! - John

Da Nurse and CuChulain like this.
  11. CuChulain

So far I've been fortunate enough to believe there's something different and good about every biker I've met. Just the Indian owners have better taste. :D In bikes, not the Hannibal Lector type. Figured I'd preempt any of you smart asses. And though I already feel I know you from our family here, I'm looking forward to meeting you in the real world as well man.
    P.S. I've been having issues with my home internet for going on 4 weeks now, currently I get about 2 random minutes of internet for every 15 minutes of "Internet not available, visit the AT&T web site for trouble shooting tips." I've got a tech appointment scheduled for after I get back from the trip. So my replies in the meantime may seem erradic.

Da Nurse likes this.