Anyone approaching the idea of a Trike ; if so what brand or kit?

Discussion in 'Indian Springfield' started by BKCTPD, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Rodd

Rodd Bronze Member

2. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

IROQUOIS likes this.
  3. Steve Miller

Steve Miller Well-Known Member

Handles better with the two wheels on the front. My trike is a beast to handle!

4. rickkcir

rickkcir Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine is about to Trike an RM. I asked this exact question of my dealer .. .their response

"We use California side car...It’s about a 4 month wait so it sounds like a winter project to get it ordered and installed before spring

We have extremely good luck and the ride is tremendous, we also recommend the rake kit which is part of the reason the price is up there, but if you build a comparable kit with motor trike it would be about the same and not look near as good or perform as good"

IROQUOIS likes this.
  5. Ken Smith

Ken Smith Well-Known Member
    Original 111

I think I'd go for a step-through scooter before I go to a normal trike. I like to lean.

The Yamaha Niken is not like other trikes. It falls over if you don't hold it up. It's basically an engineering project for Yamaha where they put two front wheels on a sport bike. It's a lot of fun. But the seat height is about 33 inches and the front end is a bit top heavy. It' the opposite of what you'd want when your legs get weak from age or illness. Did I mention its a lot of fun? It adds a lot of confidence on the twisty Appalachian roads in the rain.

My plan for when my knees get too weak for the big bikes is to get a smaller bike. Then a step-through scooter. I'm looking at smaller bikes now. In ten to fifteen years I'll be looking at the scooters.

Baldhead_J likes this.