An overview of models.

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by zee, Feb 22, 2021 at 9:53 AM.

1. zee

zee New Member

When I was researching Indian (for myself), I found the model lineup very confusing.

This video naturally doesn't explain everything, but it should be a good high level overview. I hope you find it at least somewhat helpful.

IROQUOIS, muz and Baldhead_J like this.
  2. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

@zee welcome again! We've discussed, at length, the topic of model differentiation vs trim level. It's refreshing to see other folks with similar concerns. Until 2020 I was convinced that there were 6 models (Scout, FTR, Chief, Vintage, Springfield, and Chieftain) with a dizzying array of trim options (to include optioning into an RM). My assertion was based on rolling chassis measurements and a base motor. That was my opinion and NOT in anyway universally agreed too.

If you do a keyword search, you'll find at least one lengthy discussion to hop into, if you'd like.

It's great to have you aboard!

IROQUOIS likes this.
  3. zee

zee New Member

Thanks. And until the 2019 model year, Vintage and Springfield were actually built on different frames, so they were more different than they are now.

IROQUOIS likes this.
  4. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Hi @zee ,.......Good video and did help explain a confusing array in my eyes but the fact still remains,.....I am super happy with my Scout but if I did have the spare cash I may well consider one of the new Chiefs,.....enjoy your purchase and wear heaps of rubber off them tyres (spelt correctly ) Buddy,......:p,.....
    Alpal

Ling and IROQUOIS like this.
  5. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

Yep. Thus their inclusion on my list.

IROQUOIS likes this.