2022 Indian Chief Dark Horse

Discussion in 'Indian Chief Dark Horse' started by NickJ, Feb 11, 2021.

1. NickJ

NickJ Administrator
    Staff Member Supporter

2022 Indian Chief-2.jpg
    Combining Lean & Mean Minimalism with Modern Technology, Paying Homage to the Past, While Embracing the Future

[EMEA Press Release]
    In 1921 Indian Motorcycle unveiled the iconic Indian Chief, one of the most historic and influential motorcycles of all time. Now, in celebration of 100 years, America’s First Motorcycle Company is unleashing three new, totally reimagined Indian Chief models for its new lineup. Combining iconic, American V-twin style with modern performance and technology, Indian Motorcycle designed the new Chief with a simplistic and mechanical aesthetic that pays homage to the glory days of American motorcycling.

All based on a timeless, simplistic steel-tube frame and powered by Indian Motorcycle’s powerful Thunderstroke motor, the new Indian Chief Dark Horse, Indian Chief Bobber Dark Horse and Indian Super Chief Limited offer three unique takes on the classic American V-twin, each appealing to a slightly different rider.

The new Chief provides a stripped-down riding experience where power, minimalism and attitude lead the way. It reaches back to the glory days of American V-twins when hitting the road to nowhere, with good friends and only the essentials, was the stuff of legends. Then there’s the new Chief Bobber Dark Horse. With bulky tires wrapped around spoke wheels, a muscled-up front end and a solo bobber seat, the Chief Bobber Dark Horse pays stylistic homage to the classic post-war era V-twins, bobbed and chopped by military veterans and blue-collar rebels, intent on breaking the mould. And finally, Indian Motorcycle offers the Super Chief, Limited with saddlebags and a windshield, it offers a bit more versatility and begs riders for longer miles and even bolder escapes.

The new Indian Chief lineup marks the intersection of simplicity and power. Mechanical and simple, Chief models are based on a classic steel welded tube frame. The lineup features a 15.1 litre fuel tank, bobbed rear fender, dual outboard preload-adjustable rear shocks, dual exhaust, LED lighting, keyless ignition, and Pirelli Night Dragon tires. Along with cruise control, Chief riders can adjust throttle response by selecting one of three ride modes: sport, standard or tour.

Featuring a short wheelbase of 1626 mm, a low seat height of 662 mm and a wet weight as low as 304 kg, the Indian Chief lineup inspires confidence and is approachable for any rider. The Chief’s conventional 46mm front forks with 132 mm of travel, 28.5-degree lean angle, and comfortable ergonomics, create a capable machine for even the most technical of ride routes.

2022 Indian Chief-7.jpg

Chief Dark Horse

The Indian Chief Dark Horse features stripped-down, mechanical styling highlighted by drag handlebars, 19-inch cast wheels, mid-mount foot controls, a slim headlight bucket and a solo bobber seat. The Chief Dark Horse is offered in Black Smoke, Alumina Jade Smoke and Stealth Gray. Powering all premium Chief models is Indian Motorcycle’s Thunderstroke 116 (1890cc) engine with 162 Nm of torque. ABS is standard.

2022 Indian Chief Dark Horse-13.jpg

Additionally, each model delivers a premium experience with its industry-first, 101 mm round RIDE COMMAND system. Riders can operate the RIDE COMMAND system through grip controls or via the digital IPS touchscreen display. Riders can cycle through multiple interfaces, including two different gauge configurations, bike and ride information, and turn-by-turn navigation. If using a wireless helmet communicator, riders can control their music within the RIDE COMMAND system once their phone is paired via Bluetooth or USB. Riders can also access phone information, including recent calls, contacts, number pad and text message history. When connected, incoming calls will appear and can be accepted or declined directly through the RIDE COMMAND system.

Accessories
    Chief riders will have access to over 70 accessories, including parts specifically designed for Chief models, as well as several existing pieces available for Scout and Thunderstroke models. Indian Motorcycle’s accessory line has been designed to enhance performance, personalise style and add rider comfort. Among the accessories available, include:

Style
    Riders can complete their desired custom look by personalising with a variety of parts, including solo racks and rack bag, low and mid windshields. Riders also have five handlebar options, including eight-inch mini-ape hangers, 127 mm mid-rise, reduced reach, cruiser and drag handlebars.

Comfort
    To continue offering accessories for all personal and riding styles, Indian Motorcycle’s comfort package includes mid and tall windshields, passenger backrests, highway bars, and Pathfinder S LED driving lights.

In addition to parts, Indian Motorcycle is debuting a new Chief apparel collection, with three unique lines to choose from. From the lean, mean attitude of the Chief Dark Horse, the old-school muscle of Chief Bobber Dark Horse or the road-warrior glory of Super Chief Limited, three unique lines of shirts and hats coincide with each model.

2022 Indian Chief-1.jpg

Attached Files:

#1 NickJ, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  2. muz

muz Bronze Member

Please be careful watching this new line on YouTube. The big screen and clarity makes the bikes look even better. A lot of people worried about the performance of the rear suspension. I don't blame anyone after owning a Scout 60 for 4 plus years. Well something I never noticed was that those shocks are progressively wound with many coils. I'm betting that they can take a heavy load, so a lighter weight rider and pillion should do well with the stockers, hopefully.

doublej, Gator Mcklusky and Alpal like this.
  3. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

Who is the warning for Muz?,...o_O,......others?:oops:,........or is it you warning yourself?,.....:cool:
    Alpal,....(happy with my Scout,....)

doublej and Klyde1 like this.
  4. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

Did I see that the Super Chief has gas shocks?

5. putamayo

putamayo Well-Known Member

I cannot see those shocks being much ,but heh lets hope so, there has been so much done over the years to try and sort the scout surely Indian got the drift on that problem and sorted it.
    There is presently a 2018 Chief Classic for sale here in NZ and to me that is a much better buy.

6. putamayo

No I think they have just covered the spring?

muz likes this.
  7. muz

muz Bronze Member

Myself mainly, haha. happy with my 60 too but it sure ain't a decent 2 up cruiser, ask @Rodd

doublej and Alpal like this.
  8. putamayo

Pretty sure I am not going to move to a Chief,
    Price,
    Tank size
    Shit back Guard,
    Massive amount of money to change over,
    16 inch wheels
    bags
    ,bars
    2up seat
    some sort of win deflector/shield
    Bags
    Pipes,
    air Intake,
    Flash unit powervision or similar.
    Carrier
    Sissy bar
    An so it goes on.
    All off a sudden again it owes you 35k because we have all done it at least once if not more.
    So it,s a no from Me.

muz likes this.
  9. muz

muz Bronze Member

OOOh come on, sell your yacht, house?? haha. Understand. I actually would have liked this bike to be the big block 1300cc Scout motor. Even lighter, more hp, would handle better and only sport bikes would come close.

10. ScoutBobber49

ScoutBobber49 Well-Known Member

This would have been nice to have on my Bobber...

Nav.jpg

doublej likes this.
  11. muz

muz Bronze Member

You might have to buy next years model to get that, or a Chief.

12. hijinx1812

hijinx1812 Member

I’ve got no regrets buying one. It’s an absolutely amazing machine! I was originally going to buy a Scout Bobber but the retro looks, tech, and style sold me on the Chief Darkhorse. The 116 makes power everywhere (it’s a torque beast) and is happy cruising at all rpm’s. I’d still love to have a Scout to rip around on, though. Maybe when I win the lottery!
    AFFE6097-6C30-4D34-ADA9-738C52BD32EF.jpeg

13. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

I'll pray to the Lotto Gods for you Bud, but probably, when you check your tickets you will only be thanked for your donation,.....:oops:o_O:(:(,.......Oh,....and by the way welcome to the forum and have fun on the simply beautiful new model Chief,......and when I win Lotto I am buying a Super Chief LTD:cool::p:D:rolleyes:;),.....
    Alpal

muz and hijinx1812 like this.
  14. hijinx1812

hijinx1812 Member

Lol - thank you and I’m glad to be here!

15. CGCWO

CGCWO IMRG #2031 PCB, FL
    Supporter Original 111

Mine was delivered to the dealership yesterday. Will pick it up Monday or Tuesday. Will be a while before it’s complete with three delay in accessories supply.

Attached Files:

16. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

Love that color.

Bobby Jesus likes this.
  17. CGCWO

CGCWO IMRG #2031 PCB, FL
    Supporter Original 111

Got her home yesterday. 4B8B7C22-519A-4EF7-BB0D-967E32139E1F.jpeg

BigD, hijinx1812, tthunder38 and 3 others like this.
  18. doublej

doublej Silver Member
    Supporting Vendor Original 111

Love that color too!!!!!

hijinx1812 likes this.
  19. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

20. CGCWO

CGCWO IMRG #2031 PCB, FL
    Supporter Original 111

She hasn’t earned one yet.