2019/2020 Springfield Jack Daniels

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by muz, Mar 27, 2021.

1. muz

muz Bronze Member

Can someone please confirm for me the windshield height of this model. Also, are they measured from the center bottom to the center top ?? Thanks all. For the life of me I can not find a clear answer on Indians site or google.

2. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

I reckon we can ask @ScoutBobber49 to measure it the next time he's in Lynchburg. I feel like he's there every Tuesday! :)

3. ScoutBobber49

ScoutBobber49 Well-Known Member

That rumor is FALSE! :) Currently they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays....:D

I can try to get a measurement, but right now the weather doesn't look too good. Will have to see how it goes near the end of the week.

@muz What measurements would you like?

4thunder, TJinSD and Gator Mcklusky like this.
  4. ScoutBobber49

@muz

Also, maybe @Eeyore can take a measurement off of his if you need it sooner....

5. Eeyore

Eeyore Active Member

My JD Springfield is a 2016 but measured at the center it is 13.5" tall with a small flip up at the top.

PS- I think they are measured at the highest point which would be the center.

#5 Eeyore, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    muz and ScoutBobber49 like this.
  6. muz

muz Bronze Member

Great thank you very much. From bottom center to top center of Shield please. Over here in NZ, some Vintage models are being sold with Springfield shields and probably vice versa, so people are confused with what they have and why. Maybe Indian Motorcycles is swapping them out but most likely dealerships. Lucky, John at Freedom Shields asked me recently if a Vintage shield had 4 or 5 mounting bolts on the horizontal bracket. It was 5 which is a Springfield shield. Vintage has 4. Hence the confusion came about. Now my customer with the 2020 Springfield JD bike, had a screen when bought new, ordered the larger screen and got delivered the same as what was originally on the bike. Quite sure he had a 14 inch and ordered the 16 by part number and received another 14 inch. I told him Indian most likely has their part numbers mixed up as they have been found to do as well as owners manuals getting left and right, clockwise, anti clockwise around the wrong way. Maybe time for Indian Motorcycles to address the whole shebang and update and correct their website, part numbers , manuals etc.

Alpal likes this.
  7. Alpal

Alpal Gold Member
    Supporter Original 111

I concur with those remarks,......
    Alpal

8. ScoutBobber49

Were those Klock Werks branded windshields, as those are what’s being installed on the Jack Daniels bikes.

9. Baldhead_J

Baldhead_J Gold Member
    Original 111

Klok Werks makes them all for Indian. Are you asking if the logo is present?

10. muz

muz Bronze Member

I am looking at replacing with freedom Shields screen. Just want to know how high from center bottom to the top the original shield is, Thank you.

ScoutBobber49 likes this.
  11. ScoutBobber49

I should be in Lynchburg this Friday. I plan to stop and see if I can take the measurements then.

Gator Mcklusky likes this.
  12. ScoutBobber49

Yes.

13. ScoutBobber49

Well, I was curious about this, so I emailed Klock Werks and asked about the JD Springfield shield, and here is their reply.

I asked about the dimensions, but I didn't get a straight answer, but the link he provided shows only 14 inch shields.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

info@getklocked.com

Thank you for contacting Klock Werks!

Yes, we are proud to say that is our design and windshield that comes from the Indian factory “stock” on that particular Jack Daniels Springfield motorcycle.

The good news is that this windshield should actually be available to order as an approved accessory for other models directly through Indian’s website or your local Indian dealership. Depending on the model, there might be a couple of options in terms of height and/or color.

The windshield can only be purchased from Indian, and it is only available with the mounting brackets as a complete kit if I am not mistaken. Please contact Indian for further details.

Here’s a link to see what I’m talking about – you can run these part numbers by your local dealership if you like:

Search | Indian Motorcycle

If you see anything else on our website that I can help you with, please let me know. I am more than happy to help with any of our fine aftermarket American made parts for your Indian.

Baldhead_J, muz and 4thunder like this.
  14. muz

muz Bronze Member

@ScoutBobber49 , Thank You very much for the effort and replies. Confirmation. I would say my customer ordered a 16 inch from the Indian Dealership and received another 14 inch as that is the designated size shield for the JD"s 2020 Springfield. Thank you again Sir. Regards Murray Colquhoun, @muz

15. ScoutBobber49

@muz

Looks like the shield is just under 14 inches when the tape is pressed against the shield to conform to the curvature of the flip at the top.

Also. Looks like the Horizontal bracket has 4 mounting bolts.

I tried to take a pic of all the bolts that secure it to the bike.

Hope this helps!
    20210402_152612.jpg 20210402_151614.jpg 20210402_151758.jpg 20210402_151717.jpg

muz and Baldhead_J like this.
  16. muz

muz Bronze Member

Thank You very very much for all your concern and help. Have a Happy Easter. regards, @muz

17. ScoutBobber49

You are very welcome! I hope it helped to clear up some confusion.

Happy Easter to you as well!